ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Facts You Might Not Know About Barcelona
Total Articles: 33
Barcelona is one of the most popular places in Europe. Without any doubts, you already know lots of historical and cultural details of this city. But for sure, there are still many things to discover!
First of all, maybe it can surprise you, but the origin of Barcelona is unknown. Some people say that it was founded by Hercules, 400 years before Rome, other think that Hamilcar Barca, the father of Hannibal, was a founder in the 3rd century BC. If you decide to come here and enjoy the accommodation with self catering Barcelona, you will have opportunity to explore this mystery.
Barcelona is not just a city where you can go to the museum or to the beach. There are lots of fantastic commercial centers and places to get extraordinary things. One of the shopping areas is the Portal de l´Àngel and this is the busiest street in entire Spain. Every hour there are on average about 3.500 people! Quite incredible, isn't it? Besides, there is a wide offer of Barcelona city apartment, so you can enjoy the whole offer of the city.
Not many people know, that Barcelona is considered ´the best beach city´ in the world by National Geographic. In total, there are seven beaches. But this area is accessible since 1992, when there were the Olympic Games. Before, the city was totally run over by the industry and there was no beach for the use. Since then, the seaside became a place of leisure for locals and tourists.
If you come to Barcelona, it is impossible to miss the Rambla Street. But, did you know that this is not just one street? In reality, there are five boulevards. It starts on the Catalonia Square and ends at the Columbus Statue by the water front. This is undoubtedly, the most famous promenade of Spain!
Now it is time to say something about the Sagrada Familia. This is an exceptional Roman Catholic church, designed by the Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí, but... it is still not finished! The construction progresses slowly and an anticipated completion date is 2026. It will be a centenary of the Gaudí´s death. The Sagrada Familia is full of symbols. For example, the three entrances symbolize the three virtues: Faith, Hope and Love. Each of them is dedicated to a part of Jesus´ life. All in all, this church is symbolic of the lifetime of Christ.
There are many more unknown facts of Barcelona. Maybe you will explore them during your holidays?
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara