ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Facts You Might Not Know About Barcelona
Total Articles: 33
Barcelona is one of the most popular places in Europe. Without any doubts, you already know lots of historical and cultural details of this city. But for sure, there are still many things to discover!
First of all, maybe it can surprise you, but the origin of Barcelona is unknown. Some people say that it was founded by Hercules, 400 years before Rome, other think that Hamilcar Barca, the father of Hannibal, was a founder in the 3rd century BC. If you decide to come here and enjoy the accommodation with self catering Barcelona, you will have opportunity to explore this mystery.
Barcelona is not just a city where you can go to the museum or to the beach. There are lots of fantastic commercial centers and places to get extraordinary things. One of the shopping areas is the Portal de l´Àngel and this is the busiest street in entire Spain. Every hour there are on average about 3.500 people! Quite incredible, isn't it? Besides, there is a wide offer of Barcelona city apartment, so you can enjoy the whole offer of the city.
Not many people know, that Barcelona is considered ´the best beach city´ in the world by National Geographic. In total, there are seven beaches. But this area is accessible since 1992, when there were the Olympic Games. Before, the city was totally run over by the industry and there was no beach for the use. Since then, the seaside became a place of leisure for locals and tourists.
If you come to Barcelona, it is impossible to miss the Rambla Street. But, did you know that this is not just one street? In reality, there are five boulevards. It starts on the Catalonia Square and ends at the Columbus Statue by the water front. This is undoubtedly, the most famous promenade of Spain!
Now it is time to say something about the Sagrada Familia. This is an exceptional Roman Catholic church, designed by the Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí, but... it is still not finished! The construction progresses slowly and an anticipated completion date is 2026. It will be a centenary of the Gaudí´s death. The Sagrada Familia is full of symbols. For example, the three entrances symbolize the three virtues: Faith, Hope and Love. Each of them is dedicated to a part of Jesus´ life. All in all, this church is symbolic of the lifetime of Christ.
There are many more unknown facts of Barcelona. Maybe you will explore them during your holidays?
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David