ALL >> Health >> View Article
Lose Your Mummy Tummy With Abdominoplasty
Total Articles: 6
Pregnancy, major weight loss, and the natural aging process can do a real number on your tummy, leaving it looking flabby. But now there is solution for all. A tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty) permanently removes saggy skin and fat to smooth out bulging bellies and also tighten underlying abdominal muscles to help redefine the contours of the waist. Depending on the amount and location of loose, saggy skin, different types of tummy tucks may be advised:
- Standard tummy tuck
- Extended tummy tuck
- Mini tummy tuck
Standard Tummy Tuck – It involves a horizontal incision just above the pubic hairline and can be hidden in underpants or bikini. Excess skin and fat are removed, and the abdominal muscles are tightened to create, a smoother and more defined waistline.
Extended Tummy Tuck – Extended tummy tuck in Manhattan is virtually identical to the standard version, except the incision extends beyond the hip bones. The extended variation is generally recommended when excess skin is also present on the sides of your abdomen.
Mini Tummy Tuck – If you’re looking to get rid of the middle to below-the-belt pouch, the result of a pregnancy or two, then this is a realistic option. You can be home the same day, but you should expect a small amount of pain because it is a deep incision. You can be back to normal after two weeks.
Good Candidates for Tummy Tuck
Tummy tuck candidates are healthy men and women with excess abdominal skin who are of stable weight and not obese. They are individuals with realistic goals who do not have health conditions that can impede healing, such as diabetes or autoimmune disease. If you have a condition that may compromise your health, make certain your plastic surgeon in Manhattan is aware.
Women considering future pregnancies may wish to postpone a tummy tuck. Tummy tuck will not interfere with pregnancy; however the benefits of tummy tuck can be significantly diminished following pregnancy.
What to Expect
During the first 24 - 48 hours following recovery it is imperative that a responsible family member or caregiver be with you at all times, depending on the extent of your surgery. You will experience some tightness and discomfort in the abdominal area as well as at the incision sites. This can be controlled with medication. In most cases, you’ll be advised by your plastic surgeon not to stand upright and sleep only in a reclining option with pillows supporting the knees, generally for 1-2 weeks following surgery. It is also vital that you begin walking as soon as possible to reduce the chance of blood clot formation.
But avoid vigorous exercise until you can do it comfortably. It will take up to a year to fade the scars.
That’s it. There is no denying that the Abdominoplasty in Manhattan can be laborious surgery, but it also can dramatically improve your appearance and self-esteem. Think twice and act wise.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel