ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Liability Insurance In India
Total Articles: 8
Liability insurance in India
In broad terms, liability insurance policy protects an individual or business from the risk that they may be sued and held legally responsible for something such as malpractice, injury or negligence. They cover legal costs and any legal payouts for which the insured would be responsible if found legally liable. Intentional damage and contractual liabilities are generally not covered in these types of policies.
Liability insurance is critical for those who may be held legally liable for the injuries of others, especially medical practitioners and business owners. A product manufacturer may purchase product liability insurance to cover them if a product is faulty and causes damage to the purchasers or any other third party. Business owners may purchase liability insurance that covers them if a staff is injured during business operations.
The following come under Liability Insurance in India:
• Worker’s Compensation
• Public Liability Insurance
• Professional Indemnity
• Product Liability
• Commercial General Liability Insurance
• Director’s & Officers Liability Insurance (D&O)
• Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
• Clinical Trials Liability Insurance
• Crime Insurance
It is a legal requirement for all businesses in India that employ staff to take Workmen’s Compensation insurance policy. It ensures that all employees are protected if they are injured, killed or contract a disease during the course of their work.
Workers compensation insurance pays benefits to a worker who incurs a job-related injury or illness. For purposes of workers’ compensation, an injury is deemed to be job-related when it arises out of employment activities and when it occurs in the course of employment.
Liability to employees under the Workmen’s Compensation Act 1923, Fatal Accidents Act 1855 and at Common Law is covered under this policy. Workers compensation insurance assures that injured workers get medical care and compensation for a portion of the income they lose while they are unable to return to work.
Public liability insurance protects you and your business against the financial risk of being found liable to a third party for death or injury, loss or damage of property or ‘pure economic’ loss resulting from your negligence. The legal cost and expenses incurred in defending the case with prior consent of the insurance company are also payable subject to certain terms and conditions. This type of insurance will only cover third party claims.
This Policy does not cover liability arising out of willful or intentional non compliance of any statutory provisions and in respect of fines, penalties, punitive and/or exemplary damages. This Policy also does not cover liability arising out of or in connection with pollution any product personal injuries such as, libel, slander, fines, penalties, punitive or exemplary damages.
Insurance Articles1. Health Insurance Company
Author: Kent Pinkerton
2. Compare Health Insurance Online & Plan For The Emergency Room
Author: Muhammad Waqar Asghar
3. The Best Mortgage Advice Liverpool
4. Professional Mortgage Advice Liverpool
5. Mortgage Advisor Leeds Makes The Process Of Mortgage Quick And Easy
6. Help From A Mortgage Broker Sheffield
7. Car Insurance Best Rates
Author: Mike Hearn
8. Few Tips To Remember Before Buying Insurance From Private Companies
Author: Money Classic Research
9. Personal Insurance Is Significant In Dubai
Author: Omega Insurance
10. Education In Dubai Might Increase But Not To Those Who Invest In Child Education Plan.
Author: Omega Insurance
11. Peach Injury - Medical Lien Services
Author: Peach Injury Network LLc
12. 6 Tips To Follow To Get Cheap High Risk Auto Insurance
Author: Victor Cano
13. Welcome Aboard To International Travel
14. Choose Best Home Insurance Company In California And Find A Best Home Insurance Policy
15. 3 Facts That You Must Know About Freight Factoring Services
Author: Husam Jandal