ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Explore The Nile On A Dahabiyya- Six Advantages Of This Form Of Travel
Total Articles: 34
The first thing that you need to know about traveling on a dahabiyya is an explanation on what a dahabiyya actually is. Traditionally, dahabiyya also spelled dahabiya or dahabiyeh is a small passenger boat used on the river Nile in Egypt. It is a shallow bottomed, barge like vessel with usually more than 2 sails. The dahabiyya has been used in Egypt for centuries, though now it is used more for luxurious travel than regular transport. Earlier that is until the 1870s, the dahabiyya being the only mode of transport, it was used by everyone, but with competition from trains in the 1900s, the dahabiyya was reserved as a mode of travel for the richest. Today however, the case is slightly different.
If you are planning a visit to Egypt, then traveling by dahabiyya is something that you must experience at least once! There are many advantages of exploring the magnificent Nile on a dahabiyya and they are the following:
1. It is the most novel and exciting way of exploring a new country. You will never have an opportunity to experience traveling on a dahabiyya in any other country, because it is a vessel unique to Egyptian shores. Taking a leisurely trip down the Nile in a dahabiyya is something you will cherish and remember forever.
2. Small boats on the Nile like the dahabiyya are easy to book through a travel agent or even if you are planning your trip yourself. You can do all the bookings online for great prices.
3. The Nile being one of the most famous tourist attractions in the country, it makes sense to explore the country through its waters. There is no better way to truly get a feel of the culture and history of a place that is so grounded in its waters.
4. Do not be fooled. The dahabiyya is not exactly a small boat on the Nile. A dahabiyya can also be a luxury five star spa cruise that you can take with your better half for a truly cultural and luxurious holiday.
5. You can get great holiday packages online if you search well. Many cruise ships have taken advantage of the growing interest in exploring Egypt via dahabiyyas and they have come up with amazing holiday deals ranging for any number of days to give you the experience of a lifetime.
6. The best thing about being on a cruise is that you never have to waste any part of your day or night. When tourist attractions are closed, the cruise will always have entertainment that you can be part of. Or, if you want the luxury of quietness and solitude, you can book a spa cruise where you can spend your time relaxing after a hectic day of sightseeing.
Explore the beautiful and exotic country of Egypt by taking a cruise on the river Nile. It is an experience you are guaranteed to never forget!
About The Author:
This article is written by Andrew Holtom on behalf of Orientaltoursegypt.com, this is having topics on Sailing Boats Egypt, Small Boats in the Nile and many more for information click here.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson