ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Pc Healthboost Scam
Total Articles: 152
While some might be seeking to phish your individual information and identity for resale, others simply only want to use your computer as a platform from which to attack other unknowing targets. Here are a few easy, cost-effective steps you are able to take to make your personal computer more secure.
Always make backups of important information and store in a safe place separate from your computer.
Update and patch your operating system, web browser and software frequently. When you yourself have a Windows operating-system, start by visiting www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com and running the update wizard. The program will help you find the most recent patches for your Windows computer. Also visit www.officeupdate.microsoft.com to locate possible patches for the Office programs.
Install a firewall. With out a good firewall, viruses, worms, Trojans, malware and adware can all easily access your computer from the Internet. Consideration should be provided with to the advantages and differences between hardware and software based firewall programs.
Install antivirus software and set for automatic updates so that you receive probably the most current versions.
Do not open unknown email attachments. It is simply not enough that you may recognize the address where it originates because many viruses can spread from a common address.
Don't run programs from unknown origins. Also, do not send these kind of programs to friends and coworkers simply because they contain funny or amusing stories or jokes. They could include a Trojans horse waiting to infect a computer.
Disable hidden filename extensions. By default, the Windows os is set to "hide file extensions for known file typesâ€. Disable this option in order that file extensions display in Windows. Some file extensions will, by default, continue to remain hidden, but you're more likely to see any unusual file extensions that not belong.
Turn fully off your computer and disconnect from the network when not utilizing the computer. A hacker can't attack your personal computer if you are disconnected from the network or the computer is off.
Consider making a trunk disk on a floppy disk in the event your personal computer is damaged or compromised by a malicious program. Obviously, you will need to take this before you feel a hostile breach of one's system. In the event that you really want to make your computer fast, accelerate your registry, clean your junk files fast! You truly need this PC HealthBoost to accelerate your PC.
Computers Articles1. Tough As Nails Awnings - Break Record Sales
Author: 1888 PressRelease
2. Reliable Services For Sony Ps Vita Screen Replacement In London
Author: Tony Blair
3. 3d Print Architecture Models Enhance Architectural Experience For Clients
4. Amazon Product Listing Secrets Unfolded
5. How To Upgrade Hotmail Account To New Outlook Account?
Author: Lucy Seal
6. The Wide Network Range Of Linksys Wifi Extenders
Author: pinkesh tomar
7. How Push Notifications Can Completely Revolutionize The Fitness Industry!
8. Outlook Vs. Gmail – In Depth Analysis & Comparison
9. Microsoft’s Outlook Beta-a Faster Version
10. Difference Between Hotmail, Outlook, Windows Live Mail.
11. Iphone Repair And Data Recovery
Author: khan mash
12. Centurylink Approved Modems Are Available In Reasonable Price Range!
Author: Aaron Kocherhans
13. Why Website Is Important For Each And Every Business?
Author: Golden Gate Technolabs
14. Microsoft Outlook Issues And Solutions
Author: Amaia Smith
15. How To Troubleshoot Brother Printer Error 4f And What Does It Mean?
Author: James Watson