ALL >> Entertainment >> View Article
Summer Camps In New England: Learning With Fun
Total Articles: 2
Summer camp is fun, and New England is a beautiful place for camping. At summer camps in New England, there's something for everyone.
Day camps are great for younger children or those who prefer staying around home. Brooks School Day Camp in North Andover, Massachusetts, has two swimming pools, a lake, squash courts, and a drama center. It's for children ages 4-12. Camp Sewataro near Boston has swimming, scavenger hunts, and Olympic games, and is for ages 4 to 13. Tenacre Day Camp, at Tenacre Country Day School also near Boston, features swimming, archery, climbing, and also art and music; it's for children ages 4-12. Fessenden Day Camp for ages 4-12 in the Boston area has tennis, swimming, playgrounds, and an ice hockey rink.
There are some specialty day camps in New England. New England Tyker Day Camp is a lacrosse camp in Northborough, Massachusetts. It's for grades 1 and 2. The Barton Center for Diabetes Education conducts day camps for children ages 6-12 with type 1 diabetes. The camps are at Boston, North Oxford, and Northampton, Massachusetts, and at Greenwich, Connecticut.
For the more adventurous, there are many good overnight summer camps in New England. Camp Fernwood in Poland, Maine, offers outdoor activities, including rock climbing, hiking, and white-water canoeing for children ages 8-15. Camp Greylock in Becket, Massachusetts, is a boys (ages 6-16) sports camp featuring baseball, soccer, hockey, and tennis. Basketball, archery, and golf are also included. Another sports camp for boys is Camp Winnebago in Fayette, Maine, which emphasizes sportsmanship and teamwork. It has a variety of water sports and is for ages 8-15.
Many kids look forward to the nature experience at camp, and New England can provide that. Hidden Valley Camp in Freedom, Maine, has plenty of animals, including a llama herd. It's for ages 8-13. Camp Emerson, ages 8-15, offers instruction in wilderness survival as well as in science. It's in the Berkshire mountains of Massachusetts. Birch Rock Camp for boys takes campers on wilderness hikes to the Canadian border. It's located in Waterford, Maine, and is for boys ages 7 to 15.
For a more relaxing experience, look into non-competitive summer camp in New England. Camp Wicosuta for girls, located in Hebron, New Hampshire, is just the place to try new things. Older girls can choose their own activities and plan their day. The camp is for girls ages 6-15 and offers water sports, ice skating, and horseback riding. Maine Teen Camp in Porter, Maine is also for independent campers who want to schedule their own activities.
Entertainment Articles1. Learn Why Professional Wedding Photographer Is Important For Wedding Photos
Author: steve robert
2. Proslideshow Modular Was Released By Pixel Film Studios For Fcpx
3. A Beautiful Wedding Starts With A Beautiful Wedding Decoration
Author: Assadullah Haroon
4. The Big Bang Theory' Might Wrap After Season 12 | Xtrascoop
5. Dr. Chiufang Hwang Chronicles Immersion Into 60s Southern Black Culture In Finding Janine
Author: 1888 PressRelease
6. Famous & Top Indian Astrologer In Toronto, Vancouver, Surrey, Canada
Author: Astrologer Vikramji
7. 7 Book Of Moses Money Spell
Author: Dharmesh Patel
8. How To Select A Party Location?
Author: Fun Times Wine and Paint Lounge
9. Global Home Entertainment Devices Market Share
10. Great Gatsby Party Entertainment Can Add Versatility To Your Party
11. Music Promotion Techniques On Soundcloud
Author: Easton Smith
12. Considering Which Lego Sets To Buy?
13. How A Professional Photographer Can Make Your New Year Memorable
Author: Sam Crawford
14. Concert Stage: 5 Most Amazing And Expensive Stages Assembled
Author: Phillipa James
15. 5 Examples Of Amazing Stage Design Using Led Screen
Author: Phillipa James