ALL >> Education >> View Article
Difficulties With Learning German And How To Overcome Them
Total Articles: 12
Learning German can be difficult because of the way the language is spoken, the grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and syntax - all are different from those of English. Especially for native English speakers, learning German on their own might be tough. This article discusses briefly the difficulties with learning German and suggests how to overcome them.
Vocabulary in German is different from that of English. Beginners find it hard to find the meanings of several words, especially technical vocabulary as it is not similar to English. Articles, cases
(nominative, accusative, dative & genitive), verbs (regular and irregular), are just a few of the many hurdles one will face while trying to learn this language.
Despite little similarity in German and English language, the usage is different. For example, in English, simple past is used for speaking as well as writing, and so is present perfect. Whereas in German, simple past is only used while writing, and present perfect on the other hand is used when speaking to others.
When compared to other areas of learning language, pronunciation is not that easy in German. German has certain sounds and letters that are not there in English. For example, the umlauts. Umlauts in the German language are represented as two dots above a letter. How to pronounce them and when to use them poses a challenge to beginners. Some sounds such as “ch” or “eu” are very difficult for some learners, because their mother tongue may not have these sounds.
How to overcome
Learning German becomes difficult when you don’t get proper guidance and when you don’t spend sufficient time to learn the language. A sensible way to learn the language quickly and to overcome all the hurdles is to join a good German language training institute or an online program.
• Find a reputed German learning institute: Choose a reputed institute that offers good language training and assistance. Make sure that they have experienced and knowledgeable teaching faculty. Choose an institute with language training laboratory that has audio-visual training equipment.
• choose an online program to learn German: You can find a number of German online programs on the Internet. Make sure you research well and select a professional one. For an online program, you don't have to go to regular classes for which you might have to devote time to reach there. You can undergo the training staying within the comfort of your home. This not only saves your time, but is also very convenient. Additionally, it is inexpensive compared to regular training programs.
Being a foreign language, of course, German might be difficult to learn. Be patient and do not get disheartened at slow progress. Planning and scheduling properly followed by enough practice can help you learn the language easily.
German Online Institute offers online classes, online tutoring, German for travel courses and support to pass language certificates for all levels: A1-C2. We have offered Skype classes for several years. We make learning German easier – you can learn German via Skype at Germanonlineinstitute.com. Learn German online for just 13 to 17 euros an hour depending on the package you choose!.
Education Articles1. Can You Earn Your Pennsylvania Real Estate License Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
2. Artificial Intelligence: The Next Big Thing Is Already Here
3. Why Sap Mm Become The Backbone Of Business?
Author: Vaisakh Bharaz
4. Glimpse Of The Benefits Of Security Training Program
5. Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Lawyer?
Author: Sukanta Singha
6. Essential Factors That Can Help You To Choose A Good Tuition Centre
Author: Hayden Bowden
7. Systematic Planning And Assistance Provided By Study Abroad Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
8. Best Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula.
9. Ias Coaching In Lucknow To Help The Candidates Prepare For The Most Prized Job
10. Delhi Is Fun- Seeing Delhi With Your Toddler
Author: Nitn Saini
11. How To Prepare And Crack Clat - Law Entrance Exam 2018
12. How Good Is Snap As An Mba Entrance Examination?
Author: Mohan Patil
13. Top Reasons Why Children Refuse To Go To School
Author: Ogburn Online School
14. Junit Annotations In Selenium Web Driver
Author: Siyaram Ray
15. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Chandigarh Mohali India.