ALL >> Health >> View Article
Are Herbal Medicines Effective In Lowering And Controlling Blood Sugar Level?
Total Articles: 49
If you have diabetes and ask are herbal medicines effective in lowering and controlling blood sugar, the answer is an unqualified yes. Allopathic medicines use insulin hormone for diabetics but ayurveda relies on specific herbs to keep diabetes under control by controlling blood sugar levels in a safe and effective way. The time tested Ayurvedic herbs are karela, neem, turmeric, gudmar, giloy, bimba phal, baghaphal, methi, indrayan, jamum, shilajit, sadaphool, tarvar, kali mirch, jaiphal, kachlora, safed musli and rasont. This is quite a list and it may not be easy for you to obtain some ingredients if you feel like making up a formulation yourself. The smart way is to get a capsule such as Diabkil that incorporates all these ingredients in the right proportions.
Herbs in Diabkil and their function
1. Bitter gourd (Karela): Polypeptide-P in bitter gourd controls activity of alpha glucosidase enzyme and reduces levels of blood glucose besides improving liver activity.
2. Turmeric: Curcumin in turmeric is antibacterial, antiviral, antioxidant, antitumour and anti-inflammatory. It also helps revitalize the liver and kidneys. A diabetic is more susceptible to infections and liver damage and turmeric acts as a safety shield as well.
3. Gudmar (Gymnema): The leaves of gurmar or gudmar contain gymnemic acids and saponins that control blood glucose levels and amount of sugar absorption in the intestines. Spikes of glucose levels are controlled and gudmar also has an appetite suppressing effect, helping diabetics control their cravings. It serves as a restorative, facilitating the pancreas to secrete more insulin.
4. Arjun: The bark extract of Arjuna decreases blood sugar and strengthens the heart.
5. Neem: Neem contains a number of active ingredients like Azadirachtin, Numbidol, Nimbin, Quercetin, Salannin, Gedunin and Sodium Nimbate with wide ranging anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, antimalarial, anti-inflammatory and febrifuge properties. Researchers have identified meliacinolin as an active alpha-glucisidase and alpha-amylase inhibitors that results in improved inhibition of insulin resistance, liver and kidney functions.
6. Jamun: Seeds of Jamun contain ingredients that influence enzymes involved in carbohydrate metabolism and induce hypoglycemia, thus proving to be efficacious in helping the body utilize insulin better if that is the case, or manage blood glucose levels in hyperglycaemics.
7. Methi (Fenugreek): Amino acid 4-hydroxyisoleucine in Methi regulates absorption of sugar and stimulates pancreas to increase insulin production.
Herbs are combined together for a couple of reasons. A herb may have negative property that is balanced by another herb. A specific herb's specific function may be boosted by the presence of another herb, both working in synergy to deliver greater benefits. Ayurveda considers the body as a whole and as such diabetes is a disease of the entire body that needs restoration and rejuvenation. These herbs, apart from specific action on diabetes, also help manage, control and improve functioning of other organs. Diabetes weakens liver, kidneys, heart and eyes. These herbs have a beneficial, strengthening effect on the aforementioned organs and help diabetics enjoy life better for a longer period. Regular use improves metabolism and confers a variety of systemic health benefits such as more energy, increased mental alertness and more involvement in your daily activities.
Health Articles1. Nutritious Food - Some Smart And Healthy Foods To Stay Fit
Author: Vidya Jayaram
2. Best Hair Transplant In Odisha.
Author: Aesthetica Clinics
3. Using Ultrasound To Assess Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
4. Tips To Find A Top Quality Hospital For Your Maternal Care
Author: James Stevenson
5. 3 Organic Oils For Massage That Rejuvenates Your Soul!
Author: Bryan Loo
6. Choose The Right Mattress For Sound Sleep.
7. Dme Billing Software To Automate Your Dme Billing
8. Huge Quantity Of Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata
Author: Kanchan Das
9. Things You Need To Know When Buying Water Ionizer
Author: Hydrate Global
10. What Things To Expect When Looking For Infertility Treatments
11. Benefits Of Psychotherapy Treatments
12. How To Handle Teen Anger Management At Home
13. Going Back To Stress Management Basics
14. Dealing With Anxiety Disorders - What Is Best For You?
15. Controlling Stress By Cultivating Top Management Tips