ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Should I Do My Own Anti Slip Floor Treatment?
Total Articles: 11
Most home handymen are capable of treating the slippery bathroom floor with non-slip or anti slip product purchased from the local hardware store. Included in range of retail products are some good performers and some very average treatments. The decision of which to use is often a recommendation of the store assistant or driven by cost considerations and that’s where the wheels can fall off.
If you have decided to apply a surface treatment, from day one the risk of injury increases. Surface wear, detergent erosion, UV breakdown and contamination buildup will continually reduce the product effectiveness. The other issue with the DIY treatment is poor priming of the floor prior to treatment which often leads to a dramatically reduced product life. The most common problem however is lack of maintenance almost always leading to a worn “pedestrian track”, here is where the slip/fall risk is actually higher because the surrounding area feels safe and care is not always considered when transitioning across to these “tracks”.
We recommend that any surface treatment be monitored with a surface test to indicate continued performance and peace of mind. It is critical to test the surface at least annually and more often in heavy pedestrian areas or commercial environments.
Most anti slip or Non Slip Floor Treatment will feel ok when first applied to the surface; however the only way to establish if the floor is “safe” is to test the Co-efficient of Friction (COF). This test confirms if the floor meets Australian Standards and is not only safe for you but visitors as well.
Friction Systems Australia will test your existing treated or untreated floor and quickly determine if it meets recommend standards.
With an ageing population new aged care facilities in Australia are required to meet AS4568 2013 Slip Resistance standards. Up until 2010 these surfaces only had to demonstrate compliance to a “duty of care” It is now incumbent for Aged Care Facilities in Australia to conduct formalized NATA testing at their site to identify any areas of risk and then to ensure they undertake proactive actions to minimize these risks.
If you would like further information on our non slip floor solutions, or a quotation to reduce your risk, please follow this link http://www.frictionsystems.com.au/ or call us direct on (03)9808 8070
After our professional Anti Slip Tile Treatment particularly in commercial environments, we can provide a maintenance schedule to help ensure the Anti Slip Floor Treatment continues to meet these standards and minimizes the risk of slip injury,
Home and Garden Articles1. Essential To Look At The Following 3 Features To Get Cream Chargers Cheap
Author: Kathy Richy
2. Do's & Don'ts Of Diy Tile Installation
Author: Mike Aurtho
3. The Guide To Hiring Reliable Local Movers In New York
Author: Michael Holden
4. Why Is Corectec Plus Flooring Special?
Author: Kaiser holder
5. How To Find Best Supplier Of Security Screens & Doors In Sunshine Coast
Author: Kerry Reimers
6. Why You Should Consider Quartz Countertops For Your Kitchen Renovation
Author: Mary Morris
7. Hire Vacate Cleaning Perth Services For Full Bond Amount Return
8. Why Glass Balcony Balustrades Are So Adorable These Days
Author: John Carlos
9. Steps To Take Before You Call A Termite Inspection Penrith
Author: Alicia Brett
10. Bringing The Best Out Of Your Employees With Paint Colors
Author: Adam lee
11. Before You Clean Your Home, Think Twice
Author: Ethan Symes
12. Professional, Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Repair And Setup Assistance
Author: Kelly M. Russum
13. Why Choose Aluminium Shutters
Author: Apollo Blinds
14. Tree Cutter Service, Trimming Stump Removal And Landscaping Rocks - Odessa, Tx
Author: Vernell Fobbs We provide the one-stop solution for
15. 4 Most Popular Kids Wall Murals In 2017
Author: Albert Costa