ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Should I Do My Own Anti Slip Floor Treatment?
Total Articles: 11
Most home handymen are capable of treating the slippery bathroom floor with non-slip or anti slip product purchased from the local hardware store. Included in range of retail products are some good performers and some very average treatments. The decision of which to use is often a recommendation of the store assistant or driven by cost considerations and that’s where the wheels can fall off.
If you have decided to apply a surface treatment, from day one the risk of injury increases. Surface wear, detergent erosion, UV breakdown and contamination buildup will continually reduce the product effectiveness. The other issue with the DIY treatment is poor priming of the floor prior to treatment which often leads to a dramatically reduced product life. The most common problem however is lack of maintenance almost always leading to a worn “pedestrian track”, here is where the slip/fall risk is actually higher because the surrounding area feels safe and care is not always considered when transitioning across to these “tracks”.
We recommend that any surface treatment be monitored with a surface test to indicate continued performance and peace of mind. It is critical to test the surface at least annually and more often in heavy pedestrian areas or commercial environments.
Most anti slip or Non Slip Floor Treatment will feel ok when first applied to the surface; however the only way to establish if the floor is “safe” is to test the Co-efficient of Friction (COF). This test confirms if the floor meets Australian Standards and is not only safe for you but visitors as well.
Friction Systems Australia will test your existing treated or untreated floor and quickly determine if it meets recommend standards.
With an ageing population new aged care facilities in Australia are required to meet AS4568 2013 Slip Resistance standards. Up until 2010 these surfaces only had to demonstrate compliance to a “duty of care” It is now incumbent for Aged Care Facilities in Australia to conduct formalized NATA testing at their site to identify any areas of risk and then to ensure they undertake proactive actions to minimize these risks.
If you would like further information on our non slip floor solutions, or a quotation to reduce your risk, please follow this link http://www.frictionsystems.com.au/ or call us direct on (03)9808 8070
After our professional Anti Slip Tile Treatment particularly in commercial environments, we can provide a maintenance schedule to help ensure the Anti Slip Floor Treatment continues to meet these standards and minimizes the risk of slip injury,
Home and Garden Articles1. Choosing The Best Siding Color For Your Home
Author: Mary Morris
2. 10 Signs You Should Invest In House Awnings!
3. Best Ways Your Emergency Plumbers In Dallas Can Solve Your Plumbing Problems
Author: John DiFrancesco
4. How Does One Compare Washing Machines And Buy The Best One?
Author: Divya Sharma
5. Indications That Help To Sort Out Electrical Fault In Your Home
Author: Michael Soutter
6. Fcml India-delivering Counter Top Basins
Author: FCML India
7. Why Spray On Foam Insulation Best Safeguarding Option For Your Home?
Author: Zac Fogg
8. Staircase Ideas For Your Home
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
9. Key Things To Remember While Choosing General Contractor
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
10. Advantages Associated With Total Garage Concepts
Author: Gabriel Fulton
11. Install Retractable Roof Systems And Relish At The Outdoors!
Author: Steve Nakousis
12. What Is A Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Aastha Kapoor
13. Areas In Which House Movers Adelaide Differ
Author: Bella Hodge
14. 6 Ways To Increase Profitability Of Your Appliance Repair Services
Author: John Nassar
15. The Chief Aspects Considered For Successful Township Planning
Author: Adam Leworthy