ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Tees And Its History
Total Articles: 110
A T-shirt itself speaks out loud defining it self. Our abdomen with the sleeves forms a T shape. Starting with small sleeves, round neck sans collars T shirts have now got many changes and look alike which include long sleeves, collars and even V or deep necks. Such alterations where accepted as well in the past and even now but then all these have not succeeded in changing the importance of the actual T shirt. From the simplest of its kinds, tee shirts have seen all the ups and downs in fashion. From white non printed plain designs to Custom Screen Printing tees, it speaks volume.
Where did it all begin?
Talking about history, T-shirts were first used by the US navy in 1913 as undergarments! Yes, as undergarments, because of their comfort, easy to clean and no hassle material, cotton. But any fashion statement to get an approval, it should be worn by a film celebrity, right? That is what happened when Marlon Brando wore one white simple and plain tee in The Street Car Named Desire!
With time, users changed!
The common white tees were now getting metamorphosed and changed into various uses. Generally used by boys, t-shirts where now getting female takers. After many years though these tees were started getting used by women, which are when decorations became important.
How prints and designs differed and still do?
For men, it was more or getting hand written slogans and even may be weird cool, metallic designs but when ladies had their hands on, decorations and designs where given importance. In 1950, companies in Miami began to provide printed tees by Custom Screen Printing tees which were given a serious approach by all the buyers. Walt Disney commenced with printing Disney characters and quotes on tees. Within ladies the favorite picks being Miney Mouse and Daisy Duck
How trend changed from hand prints to Custom Screen Printing tees in US?
While getting stuffs printed on the tees it is necessary that is should stay for long which getting washed or faded away. 1959 gave way to the magical chemical, Plastisol, used as the solvent in dye that provided durability as well as stretchable property compared to water based inks and dyes. That is why hand printing and drawing got the back seat and the Custom Screen Printing tees got its way on the highway.
That is how things changed since years and still technologies are wide in Custom Screen Printing tees in Miami alone with an number of Screen Printing companies in Miami till the recent times. The place being the beginner for printing is still considered to have more takers even today.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Unleash The Barbie In Your Girl
2. Some Days Be Glad You Wore Underwear
3. Evolution Of Men's Underwear Styles
Author: Matt Perro
4. How To Use Genuine Leather Travel Wallet
5. Every Traveler Should Have A Lather Passport Holder
6. Three Of The Best Leather Travel Wallet Designs For Ladies
7. Genuine Leather Passport Holders - Your Passport For Security And Fashion
8. Leading Outlet For Selling Used Clothes And Buying New Ones
Author: Dave Brown
9. Communicating With T-shirts – Let’s Raise Your Voice
Author: Cathy Maxwell
10. Mix & Match Traditional & Western Wear For Women In India
11. Grab A Pair Of Stylish Jeans For Men Online
Author: roopa behari
12. Sunny Summer Styles You Can Try With Printed Fabrics
Author: shweta shah
13. Bifold Wallets – Christmas Gifts For Men
14. Genuine Leather Bifold Wallets For Men
15. Casio G Shock Gulfmaster Twin Sensor Gn 1000 C 8 A Men's Watch | Casio Masters The Move
Author: Jasson C