ALL >> Wedding >> View Article
A Wedding Dress Represents Changing Times And Fashion Trends
Total Articles: 566
In an Indian wedding, the bride and groom dress up in traditional dresses according to their culture. While East Indian brides are draped in heavy silk sarees, West Indian brides are married in gorgeous lehengas. North Indian brides can also choose for embellished salwar kurtas. In South India, Kanjeevaram silk sarees are prevalent. The grooms dress up in kurta and dhoti or lungi. North and West Indian grooms can also choose to wear elegant sherwanis.
Indian bridal wear is usually resplendent in red and gold. Red is considered a lucky and auspicious color. Some South Indian cultures dress the bride in a traditional white and gold saree. Pinks, maroons and shades of red are the traditionally accepted colors of Indian Hindu bridal dress. Muslim brides are generally dressed in the auspicious green wedding dress. Black and white colors associated with negativity and mourning is especially unacceptable in Indian weddings.
With changing mindsets, the new age brides and grooms are looking for inspired branded wedding wear that breaks traditional rules. Today’s Indian brides are ready to experiment with various styles of dresses while still adhering to cultural dresses.
Moreover, the color palette of the Indian wedding dresses is changing. Many nontraditional colors like royal blue, emerald green, hot purple are becoming popular among wedding wear designers. In fact, famed Indian designer Tarun Tahiliani broke all rules with Indian bridal dresses in ivory white and black. Grooms are also opting for deep shades and jeweled tones of plum, purple and burgundy.
Indian wedding saree
While the charm of the ubiquitous saree has not declined, modern brides are attracted by contemporary designer wear. The half saree highlighting contrast colors and dhoti saree reminiscent of the past era are making quite a splash on the wedding scene.
Ranging from heavily embroidered draped skirts with chic blouses to layered and pleated designs, the lehenga is fast becoming the first choice of Indian brides.
While experimenting with hybrid cuts and unique designs, kurtas can be teamed with fashionable bottoms like Patiala salwars, Jodhpur churidars and dhotis.
From the long flowing koti to the waistcoat style achkan, jacket-inspired designs have often been paired with lehengas and salwar kurtas.
Combining Indian colors and embellishments with Victorian styles, Indian wedding gowns, inspired by international designs, are an emerging trend in India.
Moving away from the traditional sherwanis, wedding suits for men now include diverse styles ranging from bandhgala jackets and flared kurtas to elegant Western suits.
The wedding is a special occasion where the brides and grooms can feel glamorous with branded wedding wear. With the help of competent Indian wedding consultants like 7Vachan, they are able to fulfill their dream of a grand wedding.
Wedding Articles1. Love And Relationship
2. Step Up Towards Marriage Bureau In India And Find Your Better Half
Author: Kunal bhandari
3. All You Need To Choose And Style A Wedding Suit For Summer
Author: Matt Perro
4. Business Event Management: Hire A Professional To Get Success
Author: Mr. Rajib Banerjee
5. Fresh Colour Combinations For Your Vineyard Wedding!
Author: Carly Odgers
6. Embrace The Artistry Of Wedding Photographers Surpassing The Expectations
7. 5 Tips Of Wedding Mandap Decoration From The Best Flower Decorators
Author: Syed Atif
8. A Brief On The Wedding Planner In Bhubaneswar
Author: Prakash Kumar
9. Leaftrend – Ecofriendly Disposable Palm Leaf Plates, Wedding And Party Plates -6 Inch Square Palm Le
10. Arrange Marriage| Matrimony Services| Matrimonial Site In India| Jammu| Jalandhar
11. Tips For Finding And Hiring Expert Columbia Wedding Photographers
Author: Stephen Mathis
12. Notable Features Of Matrimonial Websites In India
Author: Rashmi Patel
13. Vary Your Event Or Theme Wedding Decorations With Changing Seasons
Author: Syed Atif
14. Planning Your Best Wedding With Cabo San Lucas Wedding Photographer
Author: Alejandro Thomas
15. How To Choose Best Wedding Coordinator Orlando?
Author: Sagar Gore