ALL >> Health >> View Article
Physical Exercises To Relieve Stress
Total Articles: 10
Physical exercise acts as a stress reliever. It helps in boosting your mood and also distracts you from worries faced due to stress. Physical exercises not only have positive effects on stress, but also improves overall health. These exercises help in improving mood, create pleasant environment, improves blood circulation to brain and maintains normal heart beat level during stress.
Simple exercises like walking, jogging and swimming will create a relaxed environment. Exercises will not only improve blood circulation, but will also improve oxygen supply to brain, which is essential to reduce stress. Whether you feel stressed or not, doing exercise daily for at least 30 minutes is good for health. It is very important to incorporate some exercises to get rid of stress. This article highlights some physical exercises that can be put into practice in daily life.
Aerobic means “living in air”. It refers to the use of oxygen to meet energy demands adequately during exercise via aerobic metabolism. These exercises are like mind-body exercise. They improve both mental and physical health. During aerobic activity, your heart rate increases. It can rise from 70 bpm (beats per minute) to as high as 170 bpm or even high, thus it increases the blood flow to your muscles and back to lungs. Some simple aerobic exercises like dancing, spinning, walking, bicycling and swimming can reduce stress. If you are a beginner, then you can practice for 15 minutes and gradually increase the time.
Deep breathing is an easy way to relieve stress and it is also beneficial for the body. It improves flow of oxygen in your body that activates nerves in your brain, thus relaxing your mind. Practice a simple breathing exercise in the following way:
1. Stand or sit in a relaxed position.
2. Slowly inhale from one nostril counting till 5.
3. Leave the air from another nostril counting till 8.
4. Repeat the process for at least 10 minutes.
Muscle relaxation techniques
This technique not only helps in relieving stress, but also helps get rid of mental stress. Simple movements like eye ball movements, progressive arms and leg movements are helpful. It will activate nervous system and release hormones that improves your mood.
Balancing and stretching activities
These activities enhance flexibility and physical stability, thus reducing the risk of injuries.
Yoga is the best way to handle stress. Hatha yoga is proven effective to reduce stress. It will help you in balancing good and bad situations. It strengthens your mind to deal with difficulties in personal and professional life. Yoga helps in reducing stress, blood pressure, risk of heart attack, headache, backache, etc.
Implement these simple exercises in daily life to get rid of stress and to stay healthy.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe