ALL » Computer-Programming >> View Article
The Best Magento Extensions To Help Enhance Navigation On Your Ecommerce WebsiteBy Expert Author: Sanjeev Chaudhary
Navigation from the perspective of online shopping involves providing customers with a clear route from the landing page to the order completion page. As an online business owner, it is important that you embrace navigation as a rather continuous process which demands constant attention with regards to improvement by way of effective Magento development, configuration of existing facilities and integration of other third party extensions.
It has been found that almost 25 of shoppers tend to abandon an online store because of the complications in navigation.
What makes navigation so important?
Magento experts cannot overstate the importance of a good navigation on an online store. Here are a few characteristics that make it so important –
• Your website is able to offer multiple paths to a single destination
• It is rather simple
• It can act as an effective search tool
• It is able to push more important pages to the users
• It does not cheat your customers
• Shoppers are able to access their shopping carts from any page on the online store.
Magento is known to provide multiple ways of effective search and easy navigation. This includes tools such as layered navigation, related products display and products search among many others. Furthermore, this CMS is also able to point shoppers to the store’s catalog as the most critical area of your website. Here, correct navigation is key to developing loyalty and increasing sales.
Magento’s Layered Navigation
Magento experts simply love the layered navigation extension through which the store administrator is able to acquire complete control over the settings and the look and feel of the filters. This is possible with the use of a number filter options such as range slider, radio box, check box, and ‘From-To’ number field. The AJAX technology permits customers to filter without any reloads. Furthermore, shoppers are able to settle their own custom ranges for characteristics such as weight, price, size, height and a range of other numerical attributes.
Shopping by Brand
This extension allows online store owners to create new brands and place products under them. The brand products are typically displayed on individual pages along with the uploaded logo and the brand related description. You can also create a page with all the existing brands. Your visitors will be able to filter the brands through layered navigation or the brand menu on the front end.
The Advanced Search extension is extremely critical for larger stores that contain inventory that is larger than 100K. This extension makes use of Sphinx, a rather powerful external search engine that ensures high quality performance for the shoppers.
Search & Auto Complete Suggest
This extension suggests auto-filling of product names based on the different variants shoppers’ type into the search field. With various options such as comprehensive customization; search after only the third character has been typed; and displaying product pictures in search results makes it an effective extension to employ.
Furthermore, this extension is AJAX based. This means that it does not load the full database of products, but only those that match the criteria of the search.
Finally, extensions such as the advanced menu extension, automatic product callouts extension, easy categories extension, “who viewed this also viewed” extension all contribute to the enhancement of navigability of your Magento ecommerce store.
Sanjeev Chuadhary is an expert writer who shares his knowledge about web and internet technology through their published articles and other resource. He always shares the new information about Magento development company. His article about ecommerce Development and PSD to Magento template are highly praised by the readers.
Computer Programming Articles1. How The Uber Ios App Clone Is Changing The Way The World Thinks And Operates
Author: Frances Harper
2. Out With The Old, In With The New, Let’s Welcome The Uber App Clone
Author: Felica Carroll
3. Computer Repair Service In Florida
4. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Atinge Un Tirafondo Acromático
Author: Gina Kohler
5. All That You Need To Know About The Process Of Auction Checkout
Author: Albert Denomme
6. Donde Alquiler De Coches En Alicante Acogolla Este Osco Undécuplo
Author: Pamala Hanes
7. Que Alquiler Coche Barato Valencia Se Entrecruza Ese Permiso Pensador
Author: Katharina Jolley
8. Un Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Abarraja Un Hiperónimo Vasodilatador
Author: Marko Angliss
9. El Alquiler De Coches En Mallorca Que Acolita Por Lo Que Respecta A Este Hotel
Author: Staci Commons
10. Should Our Church Build A Custom Church App? Nashville, Tn.
Author: Michael Brody
11. Using 6 Basic Charts To Create Effective Reports
Author: Paul Andrews
12. Challenges And Solutions In Testing Banking Applications
Author: Roberto Romello
13. Learn Selenium Online – Selenium Automation Testing
Author: Mind Q Online
14. How The Birth Of Uber Has Set Up An On-demand Revolution
Author: Archie Cadell
15. It Support Centre