ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Improving Network And Cyber-security Through Ethical Hacking
Total Articles: 26
Cyber-security is so vital in this day and age where practically everything can be done online. This is especially true of site owners who use their site for business and earning revenue. While everyone enjoys the convenience of making purchases, paying bills and downloading content all from the comfort of their home, there must also be a heightened degree of caution as the Internet can be a hub for hackers looking to steal vital information.
As a site owner, you are responsible for safeguarding your clients' private information. Most owners simply hire their local IT expert to perform regular audits and checkups to ensure the latest security upgrades are in place. However, for those with some degree of programming and technical knowledge, they may be able to perform the audits themselves.
Most site owners are familiar with a practice known as ethical hacking. The term also goes by other names, such as white hat hacking, legal hacking or penetration testing. However, the names all mean the same thing and generally refer to the practice of probing one's own site for the intention of improving network security and preventing fraud and data theft. An ethical hacker's aim is to put themselves in the shoes of a real hacker and try to penetrate the site to pinpoint vulnerabilities. If an ethical hacker can breach his own site, then so can a malicious hacker.
Ethical hacking has become a professional business and service for many IT companies. It is also possible to attempt to hack into your own site if you have sufficient knowledge and expertise. Some people may have adequate knowledge but need a little more information in order to be able to put the knowledge into practice. There are IT discussion sites where you can obtain the necessary information from fellow members. The RSP forum is an excellent example of such a site. It is dedicated to providing a community where members can learn new IT related skills and help each other out on subjects like virus removal, fixing a crash and troubleshooting.
Hackers are always looking for ways to override security implementations. They may do this by creating new viruses and other forms of malware. This is why security audits and upgrades are so pivotal in ensuring your site's safety. All it takes is a single breach, and every one of your client's private data can be in the hands of a clever cyber thief. This will result in significant damage control on your end, and you can also lose the trust of your customers.
By ethically hacking into your own site or someone else's with their permission, you can quantitatively measure and assess threats and discover the areas where security can use some improvement. If you plan on hacking into your own site, then it is important that you learn tried and proven penetration testing methodology. Any additional information you need to know can be obtained by simply asking for assistance on discussion forums. There are always other people who are willing to impart their knowledge to you.
Computers Articles1. Exchange Database Recovery Software
2. 7 Powerful Tips For Persuasive And Captivating Interactive Presentation
Author: Amit Sahoo
3. Creating The ιστοσελιδα Properly For Establishing The Brand Information
Author: parveen kumar
4. Kind Of Infections A Pc Is Prone To
Author: Newlite Technical services
5. Samsung Screen Repairs, Nationwide Repairs, 60 Min Repair Manchester
Author: samsung repairer
6. Mac Book Pro Repair Andheri Is The Best Solution For Your Damaged System
Author: Mike Rakhangi
7. Planning To Hire An Odoo Developer? - A Must Read
Author: Jay Vora
8. Contact Pc Repairs Maroochydore Experts To Resovle Software Or Hardware Issues Of Your Computer
9. Tips To Choose A Good Computer Repair Service Provider
10. 2. Anniversary Update Leads To Some Technical Issue In Windows 10
Author: Easton Finn
11. 10 Easy Steps To Clean Your Infected Computer
Author: Newlite Technical services
12. How To Resolve Excel File Password Problem And Recover My Original Excel Worksheet Password
13. Experience The Best Services
Author: Paul Wright
14. Institute Of Animation And Vfx
15. Remote Access Quickbooks: More Freedom And Flexibility To Manage Your Finances
Author: Amenda Ray