ALL >> Computers >> View Article
A Brief Overview Of Information Technology Returns On Investment
Total Articles: 49
Any investment on business is aimed to bring in productivity and profitability. Some investments can help your business reap financially, and others may increase the productivity of your business which means profits remain unchanged; however lesser time and effort is required to bring in the same amount of profits. Information technology returns on investment are of two types, financial and non-financial returns, thus IT empowers both productivity and profitability.
Financial ROI refers to information technology that helps in increasing revenue and/or decreasing costs, sometimes information technology can help a business totally avoid initial costs. For an instance, if manually sending faxes requires dedicated personnel, automating fax machine using information technology would not require manual involvement, thus the cost to hire fax personnel can be cut completely.
Non-financial ROI refers to productivity aspects of information technology. Some examples of non-financial gains are better customer service and satisfaction with the use of latest information technology, enhanced decision making with the usage of analytics software, ability to spread the organization globally, advanced internal business and external communication over the network, increased reach to market and thus better sales.
Both financial and non-financial gains are coupled with some risk factors, even though most information technology solutions for business are aimed at increasing benefits. Information Technology at the basic level is controlled by the assigned authorities and to a major extent the correct usage of a system will allow a business to prosper with the help of implemented IT solution. These solutions can be monitored and controlled, however since those attributes are controlled by human employees it can always be altered as per convenience, this can be regarded as a loophole. There must be organization specific protocol to handle issues at this level; otherwise discrepancy in anticipated and actual ROI is obvious.
Your information technology provider will explain you about both the type of gains you may have from the technology they implement for your business. The key components of the ROI determination are time taken to realize gains, days until the same technology can be used without updating or upgrading, updating, upgrading or integration costs if any, initial costs and investment, final returns and profits, maintenance and support costs etc. This will facilitate easy decision making at your end. An established IT service organization will provide well formulated ROI document which is easy to interpret and understand. It is highly recommended to consult adept IT firms and understand the gains on investment, before initiating any IT project.
By Unique Solutions of Advanced Technologies Inc
USATInc.com is the online presence of the company. They provide quality, reliable and cost effective IT Solutions that eliminate bottlenecks and frustration in running a business. USATInc.com is helping customers achieve success via custom software development, custom programming services, legacy applications management, IT consulting, and staff augmentation services. Their service offerings aimed to improve business operations, business efficiency and profitability.
Computers Articles1. Give A Good Kick Start To Your Busy Day With 3d Printers Machine
2. Codefire Coming Up With Beneficial Mobile App Development Services
Author: Amitesh Kumar
3. Microsoft Products Are Compatible With Windows Operating Systems As Well Mac
Author: Robin Ponting
4. Laptop Screen Repair Centre Glasgow – Laptop Repairer
Author: laptop screen repair glasgow,
5. Manage Project Efficiently With Online Project Management Tools
6. Create Your Smart Address On Map Directions Google To Simply Finding Your Address
7. Improving Cyber Security: Are You Going For The Best?
Author: Megan Darcy
8. Data, Data Everywhere: How Machine Learning Tools Capture The Most Valuable Insights From Your Massi
Author: Bob Kramich
9. Reshape Your Beauty With Online Portrait Retouch Services
10. Take Care Of Your Teeth - It Is More Valuable Than A Diamond
11. Follow Pink Mirror For A Better Version Of Yourself
12. Some Of The Effective Ways How To Make Whiten Teeth Naturally
13. Use Retouch Apps To Reduce Face Size And Look Flawless
14. Get Best Online Photo Editor Tool For Retouching
15. Types Of Lips And What They Reveal About Your Personality