ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Choosing The Right Estate Planning LawyerBy Expert Author: Toby King
If you have a substantial amount of assets and you want to leave them in the hands of deserving loved ones after your death, you’re ready to get into estate planning. As you probably know, estate planning is the process by which one arranges the transfer of his assets in anticipation of his demise. By doing this, an individual can preserve the maximum wealth possible to designated beneficiaries.
Doing estate planning involves legal issues, so if you’re doing this soon, it will serve you best to get a lawyer to help you with it. Getting the right one can be a bit of challenge, especially with the wide range of lawyers to choose from out there. To make the choosing a lot easier, here are some guidelines you can follow:
1. Ask for referrals – If you don’t have any clue where to get an estate planning lawyer in your area, you can family members, relatives, neighbors, colleagues, or even your accountant or banker for any referrals. There’s a big chance you’ll get a good recommendation from any of them. If you’ve recently moved to a different state and are understandably not familiar with its law firms or solicitors, asking for referrals from friends who live in the area will surely help.
2. Find out about the attorney’s credentials – Certainly, you won’t just hire the first lawyer recommended by someone. The next step is for you to determine if the lawyer is familiar and is in fact an expert in the laws of the state where he is practicing his profession. Laws vary from state to state, so it is important to hire a legal professional who knows exactly the nature of the legal waters he will navigate in his state of practice.
3. Ask the lawyer about his satisfied clients – Some clients don’t want to ask a prospective lawyer directly if he can refer to a client or two who can vouch for a job well done. Don’t be shy to ask the same thing. If there’s one solid proof of a lawyer’s excellent performance, it’s the words of a satisfied client. Ask the lawyer you’re prospecting to give you the names and contact information of at least two clients who can testify to his excellent competence.
4. Determine the legal advice you need – You may need only the most basic legal advice or specific advice on certain investments and not the entire gamut of estate planning services. Depending on what kind of advice you seek, you may even have to get the services of a banker, an accountant, an insurance agent, or a stockbroker, or a combination of all of them.
5. Search online – One of the easiest, fastest, and most convenient ways to look for an estate planning attorney (or any lawyer for that matter) is via the World Wide Web. Just key in the term together with a specific location in a search engine and you’ll find tons of results for it.
You can also browse through online forums to know what people say about a certain lawyer or law firm (for estate planning lawyers in Sydney or if you’re looking for a firm to help you out with legal issues concerning your business, see Clinch Long Letherbarrow site).
Be sure to get the right estate planning lawyer for you by using the guidelines here.
Legal Articles1. Car Accident Attorney – Why Are They Important?
2. 7 Crucial Things To Know Before Finding A Personal Injury Lawyer Or Attorney In Plano, Texas
Author: Nick Feizy
3. Auto Accident Attorney – Tips To Get The Help You Need
4. Injured In A Slip And Fall - When To A Hire A Lawyer?
5. Guidelines To Choosing The Best Law Firm For Your Business
Author: Charles Silver
6. Personal Injury Law Firms - Getting The Right Slip And Fall Lawyer
7. Basic Need To Knows For Slip And Fall Lawyers
8. The Sydney Family Law Mediation Can Help To Resolve Disputes In A Friendly Manner
9. Truck Accident Attorney – Top 5 Things To Look For
10. Seat Belt Injury Law - What You Need To Know
11. Third Party Negligence- Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm
Author: Mark Joshes is the author of this Article.
13. How To Get Effective Legal Compensation For Ivc Filter Injury Case In Texas?
Author: Nick Feizy
14. Why Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer Is Very Important
15. Top Orange California Personal Injury Lawyer Announcing New Office Location And Free Case Evaluation