ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Choosing The Right Estate Planning Lawyer
Total Articles: 28
If you have a substantial amount of assets and you want to leave them in the hands of deserving loved ones after your death, you’re ready to get into estate planning. As you probably know, estate planning is the process by which one arranges the transfer of his assets in anticipation of his demise. By doing this, an individual can preserve the maximum wealth possible to designated beneficiaries.
Doing estate planning involves legal issues, so if you’re doing this soon, it will serve you best to get a lawyer to help you with it. Getting the right one can be a bit of challenge, especially with the wide range of lawyers to choose from out there. To make the choosing a lot easier, here are some guidelines you can follow:
1. Ask for referrals – If you don’t have any clue where to get an estate planning lawyer in your area, you can family members, relatives, neighbors, colleagues, or even your accountant or banker for any referrals. There’s a big chance you’ll get a good recommendation from any of them. If you’ve recently moved to a different state and are understandably not familiar with its law firms or solicitors, asking for referrals from friends who live in the area will surely help.
2. Find out about the attorney’s credentials – Certainly, you won’t just hire the first lawyer recommended by someone. The next step is for you to determine if the lawyer is familiar and is in fact an expert in the laws of the state where he is practicing his profession. Laws vary from state to state, so it is important to hire a legal professional who knows exactly the nature of the legal waters he will navigate in his state of practice.
3. Ask the lawyer about his satisfied clients – Some clients don’t want to ask a prospective lawyer directly if he can refer to a client or two who can vouch for a job well done. Don’t be shy to ask the same thing. If there’s one solid proof of a lawyer’s excellent performance, it’s the words of a satisfied client. Ask the lawyer you’re prospecting to give you the names and contact information of at least two clients who can testify to his excellent competence.
4. Determine the legal advice you need – You may need only the most basic legal advice or specific advice on certain investments and not the entire gamut of estate planning services. Depending on what kind of advice you seek, you may even have to get the services of a banker, an accountant, an insurance agent, or a stockbroker, or a combination of all of them.
5. Search online – One of the easiest, fastest, and most convenient ways to look for an estate planning attorney (or any lawyer for that matter) is via the World Wide Web. Just key in the term together with a specific location in a search engine and you’ll find tons of results for it.
You can also browse through online forums to know what people say about a certain lawyer or law firm (for estate planning lawyers in Sydney or if you’re looking for a firm to help you out with legal issues concerning your business, see Clinch Long Letherbarrow site).
Be sure to get the right estate planning lawyer for you by using the guidelines here.
Legal Articles1. Knowing About The Factors And Damage Awards For Wrongful Death
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
2. Simple Steps To Encourage Estate Planning
Author: Probate Lawyer
3. Contact Criminal Defense Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Legal Interests
4. How To Find Best Dui Lawyer In New Jersey
Author: Michael Curtis Greenberg
5. Legal Agreement Template
6. Bail Bonds Services Might Help Create A Stressful Time Easier
7. Answering The Question About The Working Of Immigration Lawyer
Author: Kri Law
8. All You Need To Know About The Truck Accidents Attorney
Author: Bkr Law
9. Why To Sought The Assistance Of Truck Accident Lawyer?
Author: Sgro Law
10. Is Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney/lawyer Really Necessary?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
11. Be Served For The Better In Hiring Car Accident Attorney/lawyer
Author: JON ALAN LAFFERTY
12. Tips On How To Settle Your Slip And Fall Claim
13. Three Things To Look For In A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Author: Marcus McGowan
14. How Oklahoma Business Lawyers Can Help You With Gun Trust Law
15. Arizona's Dog Bite Laws And How To Protect Yourself