ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Choosing The Right Estate Planning Lawyer
Total Articles: 28
If you have a substantial amount of assets and you want to leave them in the hands of deserving loved ones after your death, you’re ready to get into estate planning. As you probably know, estate planning is the process by which one arranges the transfer of his assets in anticipation of his demise. By doing this, an individual can preserve the maximum wealth possible to designated beneficiaries.
Doing estate planning involves legal issues, so if you’re doing this soon, it will serve you best to get a lawyer to help you with it. Getting the right one can be a bit of challenge, especially with the wide range of lawyers to choose from out there. To make the choosing a lot easier, here are some guidelines you can follow:
1. Ask for referrals – If you don’t have any clue where to get an estate planning lawyer in your area, you can family members, relatives, neighbors, colleagues, or even your accountant or banker for any referrals. There’s a big chance you’ll get a good recommendation from any of them. If you’ve recently moved to a different state and are understandably not familiar with its law firms or solicitors, asking for referrals from friends who live in the area will surely help.
2. Find out about the attorney’s credentials – Certainly, you won’t just hire the first lawyer recommended by someone. The next step is for you to determine if the lawyer is familiar and is in fact an expert in the laws of the state where he is practicing his profession. Laws vary from state to state, so it is important to hire a legal professional who knows exactly the nature of the legal waters he will navigate in his state of practice.
3. Ask the lawyer about his satisfied clients – Some clients don’t want to ask a prospective lawyer directly if he can refer to a client or two who can vouch for a job well done. Don’t be shy to ask the same thing. If there’s one solid proof of a lawyer’s excellent performance, it’s the words of a satisfied client. Ask the lawyer you’re prospecting to give you the names and contact information of at least two clients who can testify to his excellent competence.
4. Determine the legal advice you need – You may need only the most basic legal advice or specific advice on certain investments and not the entire gamut of estate planning services. Depending on what kind of advice you seek, you may even have to get the services of a banker, an accountant, an insurance agent, or a stockbroker, or a combination of all of them.
5. Search online – One of the easiest, fastest, and most convenient ways to look for an estate planning attorney (or any lawyer for that matter) is via the World Wide Web. Just key in the term together with a specific location in a search engine and you’ll find tons of results for it.
You can also browse through online forums to know what people say about a certain lawyer or law firm (for estate planning lawyers in Sydney or if you’re looking for a firm to help you out with legal issues concerning your business, see Clinch Long Letherbarrow site).
Be sure to get the right estate planning lawyer for you by using the guidelines here.
Legal Articles1. 7 Keys To Improving Lead Conversion For Personal Injury Lawyers
2. Hire Drug Possession Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Constitutional Rights
3. For Child Support Issues, Consult The Springfield Missouri Child Support Lawyers In Greene County
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
4. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
5. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
6. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
7. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
8. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
9. Check Criminal Records
10. Knowing More About Forfeiture And Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. What Does It Take To Hire A Car Accident Attorney
Author: ABetter UCBD
12. Requirements For Proving “inability To Present The Case” - Enforcement Of Foreign Awards
Author: S Ravi Shankar
13. Amazing Guide To Hire The Accident Attorney
Author: Chris Thayer
14. Can You Still Recover Damages - If You Were Not Wearing A Seatbelt
15. St Louis Missouri Divorce Lawyers Can Help You Rebuild Your Life
Author: kirk c stange