ALL >> Health >> View Article
With Training You Can Start Your Dream Career Counselling In No Time
Total Articles: 19
Have you always dreamed of a career helping others? It truly is one of the most fulfilling things to do with your life, to work day in and day out helping other people to overcome their issues is one of the most rewarding jobs you can have. Counselling is a truly important and incredibly rewarding job, all you need to do is find a good course that can train you and once you are certified you can begin your dream career. Here is what to look for in a good course.
The course needs to thoroughly cover the practical skills and knowledge needed to be a good counsellor, it should help with understanding and applying basic counselling skills and the General Counselling Model, including an introduction to listening skills, experiential counselling, the work of Rogers, Charkuff, Egan, Collins, Sweeten, self-exploration, direct and indirect approaches, basic counselling skills, active listening (attending, respect, empathy), the other five core conditions of counselling (genuineness, self-disclosure, concreteness, challenging, immediacy) and conflict resolution.
It should also give you a through grounding in the different models of psychotherapy, including insight (psychodynamic – Freud, Jung, Adler, etc.) stream, experiential stream (client centred, humanistic, Gestalt, etc.), cognitive-behaviour stream (behaviourism, Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Therapy, Reality Therapy, etc.), medication stream and eclecticism.
You will study cognitive behaviour therapy, learning much about how the brain works from the leading theorists. Look for a course that covers the role of the mind, rational and irrational thinking, renewing the mind, development of cognitive behaviour therapy, the work of Ellis, Beck, Glasser, Sweeten, Backus, McMinn and others, cognitive restructuring, the PO Chart and other cognitive-behaviour interventions.
Make sure that the certificate in counselling course also has a module on The Restoration of the Personality and Cross-Cultural Counselling. It should help you to Apply Redemptive Truth in Counselling; including Defence mechanisms, rejection, centrality of redemption, revelation, personal responsibility, confession and repentance, spiritual warfare, hurt of injustice, the two keys to inner healing, resentment and forgiveness, identity, self-acceptance. Counsel clients from other cultures: Cross-cultural counselling, Aboriginal, Asian, African and other cultures, Australian culture and counselling.
Learn all the family counselling services you will need over your career with a great school, learn how to work on a daily basis and learn all about the different models of the brain and the many theories on how to help people overcome their issues and problems. In no time you will be out working in your dream profession helping others.
For the past 3 years I have been writing informative and high quality articles on topic such as counselling,certificate in counseling,family counselling services and many more.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel