ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Understanding A Website Monitoring Service
Total Articles: 499
Since the advent of the Internet, the world as we know has been changed. How we communicate, shop, and do business has evolved to adapt to this new Internet era. Good customer service is no longer enough to compete in today's marketplace. Your website can make or break your company's reputation in a heartbeat. While there are a number of factors that will contribute to your site's success, the availability and performance of your site are undoubtedly two of the most important factors that you need to focus on.
How Does Website Downtime Affect Your Company's Reputation?
Your website's reputation has a direct impact on your business's success. If your website consistently experiences performance issues or downtime, your site visitors will become frustrated and you will, inevitably, see a drop in profits. While you may be with a hosting company that promises 99.9 percent uptime, actually achieving that uptime is another matter. The uptime of your site depends on a number of factors, including some that are beyond the control of your web host.
If you're serious about the success of your business, you want to be sure that your visitors can easily purchase your products and services when they arrive at your site. If your site has performance issues or frequent outages, this is going to be a problem. This is why it is essential to put a quality website monitoring service in place.
How to Assess the Performance of Your Website?
It is impossible to monitor the uptime and performance of your website on your own. You need the help of a quality website monitoring service to ensure that your site is up and running and performing as it should be 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A website monitoring service will regularly check your website and servers at timed intervals so that you will immediately know if your site is experiencing a problem. When you are notified of any problems your site may be experiencing, you can take immediate measures to correct the issues.
Not All Website Monitoring Services Are Created Equal
While there are a number of choices when it comes to website monitoring service, it is important to remember that not all services are created equal. Some companies may only monitor your website. Other website monitors may monitor your website, your email servers, your DNS, your web servers, and your routers. A quality website monitoring company will not only monitor the website downtime or server outages your site may experience, you also want the company to monitor the performance of your site. If you don't monitor your site's performance, you may be losing customers due to slow page load times without even realizing it. The more in-depth the services a company provides, the better you will be able to assess the effectiveness of your site and your site's host.
Alertra is a leading provider of website monitoring and alerting services. We monitor the availability and performance of Internet-connected devices. Alertra website monitoring service provides timely alert notifications and access to detailed reporting. We offer monitoring services to all sizes of businesses right from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. For more details, visit http://www.alertra.com
Web Hosting Articles1. Creating Faster Websites And Website Monitoring For A Global Business
2. Brief Overview Of Public Cloud Hosting Solutions
3. Importance Of Dns For Website Uptime
4. Build Your Social Website Without Any Efforts
5. Why Failover Support Is Needed For Your Business Website?
6. Why Use A Site Monitor Service To Check A Site’s Api Responses?
7. 7 Questions To Ask Regarding The Security Of Hosting Services
Author: Andrew Stevenson
8. Knowing The Domain Registration From The Guidance Of Hosting Provider
Author: Prism online
9. Types Of Serveriu Hostingas And Their Advantages And Disadvantages
Author: Host Net
10. Know The Right Difference Between Cloud & Virtualization
Author: Manoj Nagesh
11. Dedicated Servers – To Manage Workloads In A Performance Driven Environment
12. Don’t Rely On Free Online Website Monitoring Tools For Accurate Site Performance Assessment
13. Is Your Website Really Experiencing Downtime And How To Resolve Common Issues?
14. How To Advertise After A Natural Disaster?
15. Things You Need To Monitor Before Your Website Launch