ALL >> Health >> View Article
Keeping Teens Away From Substance Abuse
Total Articles: 499
Substance abuse is a growing concern for all sections in the society. Whether you are a parent, grandparent or a friend who really cares about the future of a teen in your life, you should know the importance of keeping the teen away from substance abuse.
Parents should try to keep their child/children away from illicit drugs and alcohol during their formative years. Because this a stage when crucial decisions are taken and one wrong step could lead to disaster. It is, therefore, important for parents to monitor and stay involved in their child's life.
Here are some of the reasons you as a parent should know as to why teens are prone to substance abuse.
Why teens are prone to substance-abuse?
• Risk taking behavior: Teens and risk-taking go hand in hand. They simply want to explore and experiment new things. Some risks can be fun, but some can have serious implications on health like trying illicit drugs or alcohol. Discuss with your teen and help him evaluate risks.
• Poor family relations: Sometimes teens begin using drugs to deal with poor family relationships or to handle other issues. As a parent you need to make sure that there are no issues with family relationships, so that it will help your teen avoid the feeling of using drugs to mask pain.
• Peer pressure: One of the main reasons for teens taking drugs is peer pressure. If the teen is in a group that uses drugs, then there will be pressure from the group to try drugs. The teen might try drugs just to fit in the group and to be considered cool by his/her friends. It is very important for parents to know their children’s friends and spend time with them.
After knowing some of the reasons that can get your teen addicted to drugs, there are certain measures that you as a parent should enforce in your teen.
• Enforce high standards: Parents should stand as role models to their teens. They should teach their teens high ethical standards, and should practice ethical behavior, such as how to behave with people, how to overcome challenges, how to handle peers when they ask to do negative things, etc.
• Interact and guide them: Parents should interact and guide their children against drug abuse and should help then in making appropriate choices. Parents should make it clear to their teens that they are against drug use.
• Keep teens busy: Parents could keep their teens busy by engaging them in gardening, shopping, cleaning, etc. This will keep them mentally and physically busy. It will not only keep them engaged, but it will also help them in making responsible.
• Advice to encounter drug-abuse: Talk to your teen about the negative consequences of drugs on health, family and society. Advise your teen on how to tackle and deal with drug-abuse. This will help the teen stay safe and healthy, and learn how to avoid drugs.
Drugteststrips.com is an online store offering reliable, accurate, easy to use and FDA approved drug test kits at affordable prices. Our multi panel drug test kits can be used to detect multiple drugs without the use of an additional instrument and without the need of having to use test kits multiple times. To learn more, visit - http://www.drugteststrips.com
Health Articles1. Things You Can Do If Your Gums Are Bleeding
Author: Dr. Lakhwinder Singh
2. Paresthesia Could Cause Loss Of Male Organ Sensation
Author: John Dugan
3. Buy Adderall Xr 20 Mg Online Usa | @whitepear.store
4. Weight Reduction Herbs
5. Diy Treatments For Common Skin Concerns
Author: Dr mithra
6. Join Occupational First Aid Course To Serve As A First Aid Responder In Times Of Medical Emergency C
7. Qualities In A Pediatrician You Must Look For
Author: ponting brown
8. Remain In The Best Of Health With Pure Noni Products Of Salveo
9. Planning To Attend A Cme Medical Conference In Toronto? | Emedevents
10. Male Organ Skin And Vitamin D: A Healthy Combo
Author: John Dugan
11. How Do Invisible Braces Help Everyone In Your Family
Author: Joseph Donald
12. How A General Dentist Can Improve Your Oral Health
Author: Abel Abraham
13. How To Compare Invisible Braces To The Traditional Braces
Author: Malachi Mixon
14. Right Cosmetic Surgery Rectify Body And Facial Features
Author: opus clinic
15. Enjoy Monsoon Season With These Hair Care Tips
Author: Pankaj Singhal