ALL >> Family >> View Article
Why Design Your Floors With Colored Concrete
Total Articles: 17
Boring basement floors comes to mind whenever we think of concrete floorings. But this is not the case anymore. Even concrete flooring can be made as attractive and eye catching as other flooring types. Concrete is durable as well as inexpensive and has become popular when it comes to garage floors, warehouse floors, office floors and many more.
There are a variety of colors and designs which can be applied to the concrete flooring to make it decorative and well distinguished. The colored concrete can be used to get the exact type of shades you want. Concrete is long lasting and needs no replacement but one may touch up the finish to get the best out of it. Concrete flooring is best for basements especially those that get damp instead of the rugs and carpets. Here are some of the popular techniques used to decorate the concrete flooring:
- Scoring: A circular saw is used to make some shallow cuts to design patterns. This process is known as scoring. There are number of geometric designs and shapes that can be made using this technique.
- Staining: Stained concrete is very popular when it is about decorative concrete floors. It looks pretty good once it is all done.
- Stamping: In this method, the freshly poured concrete is stamped with a flexible or rigid pattern to make it look like a stone, wood or any such structure. Once the concrete dries, it can be colored to give the pattern a more natural look.
Taking care of the concrete floor and repairing concrete is very easy as compared to other floor types. The level of maintenance varies as per the usability of the floor. The concrete should be properly sealed and one must clean the floor frequently to maintain the color and brightness of the floor.
Manufacturing floors using concrete is not a great decision for everyone. Those who want to have a soft and comfy rug underfoot will not like the hard concrete. So it’s better for them to not have a concrete floor. But the concrete flooring has many advantages. The polished concrete is used in industrial as well as residential buildings. The easy maintenance and design flexibility makes it the number one choice for outdoors. Looking at the durability of concrete floors, it is a great option for public buildings like malls, school floors, hospitals, educational sectors and more.
If you are looking for quality and beauty, then polished concrete floors can be an apt choice. Get your free estimate right here.
Family Articles1. Baby Gears: Recommendations For Rookies
Author: Bob Smith
2. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
3. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
4. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
5. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
6. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
7. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online
8. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Agency Offer Best Services For The Elderly Support
9. Professional Nanny Jobs Abroad
10. I Need A Live In Nanny
11. Where To Find Nanny Jobs
12. Nanny Full Time Jobs
13. Looking For A Live In Nanny
14. Step-by-step Successful Suggestions When Thinking Of Baby Items
Author: Bob Smith
15. Best Respite Child Care Jobs Online