ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Credible News Sources
Total Articles: 129
Recently, Keith Olbermann, on his MSNBC news show, Countdown with Keith Olbermann, cited Fox News as the "worst persons in the world." He claimed that the Fox News Channel is blatant right-wing propaganda. He also noted that President Obama, in a recent TV interview (the same interview, incidentally, as the now-notorious fly-swatting incident, in which, according to news reports on MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN and elsewhere, the President demonstrates his "remarkable fly-swatting skills") claimed that there was at least one news channel dedicated to undermining his administration at all costs. Olbermann suggests that the President was referring to Fox News.
Back in the day when the Republicans controlled both houses as well as the Presidency, a period that might well go down in history as a modern-day Dark Ages or Reign of Terror, the Fox News channel was considered to be the bastion of credible news. So much so that all other news agencies were too afraid even to question their authority.
Fox News, owned by Australian media magnate Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., had started on the premise that conventional news sources like CNN and network news operated on a principle of a subtle left-wing cultural bias resulting from the educational and social milieu of their journalists. The solution that Fox News apparently proposed was to dedicate a news channel to supposedly "fair and balanced" news coverage. "Fair and balanced" became their watchword, but it soon proved to be ironic. Over time, their supposedly objective news coverage has been exposed as right-wing propaganda that was pretty blatantly pandering to the Bush administration while they were in power.
This brings us to MSNBC's news lineup. MSNBC is a news channel that is produced as a joint venture, as the name suggests, between Microsoft (the monolithic software giant founded by Bill Gates) and NBC. Their lineup of news shows supposedly offers us the alternative to Fox News, but, as implied by Keith Olbermann, what they are really offering us is left-wing propaganda that panders to the Obama administration.
The tragic consequence of all this government pandering and institutional propaganda is that the number-one casualty in mainstream news coverage is credibility. Where are the Woodwards and Bernsteins of today, with their stunning exposés of corruption in high places? Definitely not at either Fox News or MSNBC.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. 2018 Mobile Apps Ux Trends, Tips And A Little Bit More
Author: Oleksiy Kuryliak
2. Few Expert-recommended Tips For A Better Food And Beverage Social Media Plan
Author: Lee Wood
3. Seven Monies Services Limited
4. Healthcare Software Plays A Main Role In Running Hospitals
Author: James Blake
5. Being A Perfect Android Developer
Author: Eldon Broady
6. How To Activate Mcafee Subscription And Redeem Mcafee Retail Card?
Author: James Enrique
7. Photogrammetry: Latest Technology To Create Maps Using Drones?
8. Web Development Company | Website Development Service
Author: Rajeev mishra
9. Are You Facing Network Problems With Your Mobile Phone Get Solution
Author: Natasa Suri
10. Why Ps4 Greatest Game Console Forever?
Author: PS4 Repair
11. Nokia Cracked Screen Repair In The Uk
12. Samsung Galaxy S4 Lcd Screen Replacement In The Uk
13. 3 Real World Advantages Of Blockchain Smart Contracts
14. Software Bugs - How To Avoid?
Author: Hvantage Technologies
15. Hdcvi Camera Systems Redefining The Security System In The World