ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
What Is Web Scraping?
Total Articles: 1
What is web scraping?
Put simply, web scraping is a technique of collecting valuable data from websites and saving them in a well-structured format; a database, spreadsheet, CSV or XML file etc. The purpose of the process is converting the data from format that's meant to be readable for humans (web site) to a format readable for computers so that the collected data can be easily stored, processed, analyzed and so on.
The web scraping process is performed automatically by specially designed programs called web scrapers or web harversters. The way they work is somewhat similar to how web spiders used by Internet search engines operate: they "crawl" the targetted website (visiting its pages the same way a human user would) and inspect its content lookin for relevant information. The data to be collected are identified in the websites' HTML source (typically using so called XPath expressions, regular expressions or other means of text analysis), extracted, processed or reformatted if necessary, then saved. Because web scraping bots operate much faster than humans (often processing tens of pages per second!), they can scrape large amounts of data in a fraction of time the same job would take a human, not to mention their accuracy rate is also much greater.
Web scraping is used to collect all kinds of data from the web: business or marketing leads (names, addresses, emails, phone numbers) from business directories of all kinds (websites like Yellowpages, Yell or Google Places), statistical data (e.g. sports scores or betting odds), product details and prices (Amazon, Ebay, online stores), geographical data (Google Maps), the list goes on and on.
Rather than wasting money on "universal" data extraction software and spending time on trying to learn how to operate it, it is often a better idea to hire a programmer or a company specializing in web scraping services. These are people experienced in writing extremely fast web scraping bots customized for a specific source and able to bypass any data protection techniques this source can implement. They will get you the data you need in a fraction of time and cost you'd have to spend trying to get this done yourself.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Be An Expert In Social Media To Give Your Visual Content Marketing A Good Mileage
Author: Amit Sahoo
2. How To Market Your Website Properly For The Maximum Benefits?
3. Web Hosting
4. What Is The Significance Of Using Keyword In Seo?
Author: Micheal Shawn
5. Things You Should Do While Using Social Media For Business
6. Simple Tips From Digital Marketing Services In Dallas To Increase Traffic
Author: Denny Clovis
7. How Seo Techniques Are Used &how It Is Works By Search Engine Optimization (seo)
8. Proxy Servers And Their Uses
Author: Edmund Brunetti
9. Benefits Of Social Logins For Your Ecommerce Website
10. Freelance Work Online | Add Any Project
Author: pushpa sowgandham
11. How To Select Digital Media Agency And Ensure Your Success?
Author: Karanveer Rawat
12. 7 Things To Know Before Outsourcing Creative Work To Any Web Design Company
Author: Saurabh Mishra
13. How Affiliate Tracking Application Helps Affiliate Marketers
Author: Arnab Dutta
14. Strategizing With Digital Marketing
Author: Vimalesh Vijayan
15. Tips To Earn The Needed Degrees In Different Prospective Fields Of Study
Author: Rocky Sheldon