ALL >> Family >> View Article
Baby Care Tips For New Parents
Total Articles: 46
You were over the moon when you learnt you were going to become a mother. A new phase in your adult life, a time when you rejoiced in the fact that you would be fulfilling one of the greatest joys of being a woman; becoming a mother. 9 months of sheer perseverance, grit and love you have now given birth to a beautiful baby. This baby is a bundle of joy and very fragile. You are still amazed at the perfect baby hands and tiny feet we developed in your womb. After all the excitement you have gone through you are getting ready to head home with your new bundle of joy. Once you reach home, you realise that you haven't thought it through and you have no idea how to go forward after this. All the books you read, their knowledge seems to have vanished when faced with the prospect of a newborn.
Here are some baby care tips that will help you in case you find yourself wondering what to do next.
Getting help after the birth of your newborn is very important, as this time after pregnancy can be hectic and over the top at times. When you are still at the hospital, make sure you speak to the experts and make a note of what they have to say. Nurses at the hospital can show you how to breast feed or bottle feed the baby, burp the baby, change and also take care of your baby in the best possible way. They would also help you find or recommend the best baby care products that you may need once you go home.
If you find that you can't cope then employing a nurse on the hospital's recommendation, or getting a neighbour to help is an option for you. And best of all your entire family and their experience is at your disposal, so make use of their help when you need it even if you don't agree to their baby care tips.
1) Learning how to hold a newborn is also quite important. There are some things that need to be remembered, like washing your hands before picking up or handling the baby. As babies do not have a strong immune system they can quite easily catch an infection, so it's imperative to make sure everyone who handles the baby sanitizes his or her hands.
2) Support your baby's head and neck, cradling the newborn when you are carrying it, supporting the baby when you are holding the baby upright or while laying the baby down. You can also search for a good baby care product such as the support pillow for the new born.
3) Make sure that you do not shake your newborn, either while playing or when you feel frustration seeping in. Vigorous shaking can cause bleeding in the brain and even death.
4) While you are out make sure the baby is securely strapped in the car set or the baby stroller.
5) Be gentle with your newborn, as your baby is still not strong enough to be thrown in the air or jiggled on the knee.
Family Articles1. Hire Reliable And Capable Live In Caregiver Through A Professional Agency
2. Professional Agency For Nannies Or Caregivers: How They Can Help You
3. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Appointing A Live-in Caregiver
4. Baby Gears: Recommendations For Rookies
Author: Bob Smith
5. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
6. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
7. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
8. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
9. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
10. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online
11. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Agency Offer Best Services For The Elderly Support
12. Professional Nanny Jobs Abroad
13. I Need A Live In Nanny
14. Where To Find Nanny Jobs
15. Nanny Full Time Jobs