ALL >> Family >> View Article
Baby Care Tips For New Parents
Total Articles: 46
You were over the moon when you learnt you were going to become a mother. A new phase in your adult life, a time when you rejoiced in the fact that you would be fulfilling one of the greatest joys of being a woman; becoming a mother. 9 months of sheer perseverance, grit and love you have now given birth to a beautiful baby. This baby is a bundle of joy and very fragile. You are still amazed at the perfect baby hands and tiny feet we developed in your womb. After all the excitement you have gone through you are getting ready to head home with your new bundle of joy. Once you reach home, you realise that you haven't thought it through and you have no idea how to go forward after this. All the books you read, their knowledge seems to have vanished when faced with the prospect of a newborn.
Here are some baby care tips that will help you in case you find yourself wondering what to do next.
Getting help after the birth of your newborn is very important, as this time after pregnancy can be hectic and over the top at times. When you are still at the hospital, make sure you speak to the experts and make a note of what they have to say. Nurses at the hospital can show you how to breast feed or bottle feed the baby, burp the baby, change and also take care of your baby in the best possible way. They would also help you find or recommend the best baby care products that you may need once you go home.
If you find that you can't cope then employing a nurse on the hospital's recommendation, or getting a neighbour to help is an option for you. And best of all your entire family and their experience is at your disposal, so make use of their help when you need it even if you don't agree to their baby care tips.
1) Learning how to hold a newborn is also quite important. There are some things that need to be remembered, like washing your hands before picking up or handling the baby. As babies do not have a strong immune system they can quite easily catch an infection, so it's imperative to make sure everyone who handles the baby sanitizes his or her hands.
2) Support your baby's head and neck, cradling the newborn when you are carrying it, supporting the baby when you are holding the baby upright or while laying the baby down. You can also search for a good baby care product such as the support pillow for the new born.
3) Make sure that you do not shake your newborn, either while playing or when you feel frustration seeping in. Vigorous shaking can cause bleeding in the brain and even death.
4) While you are out make sure the baby is securely strapped in the car set or the baby stroller.
5) Be gentle with your newborn, as your baby is still not strong enough to be thrown in the air or jiggled on the knee.
Family Articles1. Find Best Online Respite Child Care Jobs
2. How To Spend This Summer With Your Elderly Parents
Author: Shuaiba Ahammed
3. Creating A Good Divorce
Author: Diana Mercer
4. Watch Marathi Movies Online
5. Current Health Events
6. Jigsaw Puzzles
7. Dog Food In Mumbai
8. Homemade Beauty Tips
9. Marathi Video
10. The Ideal Guidelines When Thinking Of Baby Gears
Author: Bob Smith
11. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Elderly Care In Affordable Price
Author: The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Elderly Care in Affordable Price
12. When It All Falls Apart- Why You Need A Divorce Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: V Wayne Ward
13. Significant Tips When Looking At Baby Items - The Basics
Author: Bob Smith
14. Tracking Down Where To Find Distinct Ideas When Thinking Of Baby Items
Author: Bob Smith
15. Reasons To Consider A Divorce Mediator