ALL >> Family >> View Article
Baby Care Tips For New Parents
Total Articles: 46
You were over the moon when you learnt you were going to become a mother. A new phase in your adult life, a time when you rejoiced in the fact that you would be fulfilling one of the greatest joys of being a woman; becoming a mother. 9 months of sheer perseverance, grit and love you have now given birth to a beautiful baby. This baby is a bundle of joy and very fragile. You are still amazed at the perfect baby hands and tiny feet we developed in your womb. After all the excitement you have gone through you are getting ready to head home with your new bundle of joy. Once you reach home, you realise that you haven't thought it through and you have no idea how to go forward after this. All the books you read, their knowledge seems to have vanished when faced with the prospect of a newborn.
Here are some baby care tips that will help you in case you find yourself wondering what to do next.
Getting help after the birth of your newborn is very important, as this time after pregnancy can be hectic and over the top at times. When you are still at the hospital, make sure you speak to the experts and make a note of what they have to say. Nurses at the hospital can show you how to breast feed or bottle feed the baby, burp the baby, change and also take care of your baby in the best possible way. They would also help you find or recommend the best baby care products that you may need once you go home.
If you find that you can't cope then employing a nurse on the hospital's recommendation, or getting a neighbour to help is an option for you. And best of all your entire family and their experience is at your disposal, so make use of their help when you need it even if you don't agree to their baby care tips.
1) Learning how to hold a newborn is also quite important. There are some things that need to be remembered, like washing your hands before picking up or handling the baby. As babies do not have a strong immune system they can quite easily catch an infection, so it's imperative to make sure everyone who handles the baby sanitizes his or her hands.
2) Support your baby's head and neck, cradling the newborn when you are carrying it, supporting the baby when you are holding the baby upright or while laying the baby down. You can also search for a good baby care product such as the support pillow for the new born.
3) Make sure that you do not shake your newborn, either while playing or when you feel frustration seeping in. Vigorous shaking can cause bleeding in the brain and even death.
4) While you are out make sure the baby is securely strapped in the car set or the baby stroller.
5) Be gentle with your newborn, as your baby is still not strong enough to be thrown in the air or jiggled on the knee.
Family Articles1. Top 5 Points To Consider Before Getting Pre Paid Funeral Plans
Author: Kate Simson
2. The Benefits Of Funeral Planning Services
Author: Kate Simson
3. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Home Care Services To Help Elders Lead A Quality Lifesty
4. The Value Of A Financial Advisor
Author: Noah Benjamin
5. Factors That Can Affect Your Chance Of Getting Pregnant
Author: Swati Desai
6. 7 Tips To Treat Pcos With Proper Diet
Author: Swati Desai
7. Tips To Choose The Right Life Partner
Author: Abhimanyu Singh
8. Should You Hire A Nanny?
Author: alma milerr
9. Assess The Help Of A Caregiver
Author: Alma miller
10. How Efficient Is An Online Matrimony In India?
11. Express Your Feelings With The Finest Flowers
12. Vacation Deals Guideline - What To Appearance For Inside Family Holidays
Author: Ross Barkely
13. Telugu Marriage | Matrimonial Sites In India | Marriage Beuro Telugu
14. Is It Time To Hire Childcare Provider?
Author: alma miller
15. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Packages For The Elderly To Lead An Independent Li