ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Gmc Has Its Best Year Since 2007
Total Articles: 2
There is good news out of Detroit this month as final sales figures show that GMC posted its best sales since 2007, capitalizing on the success of some of its newest vehicles.
With its highest sales in six years, GMC looks to be a brand making a strong comeback in the economic recovery. In 2013, GMC had its biggest sales year since the financial downturn in 2008 rocked the automotive industry. Retail GMC sales were up 12 percent in 2013 and the automotive brand celebrated its fourth straight year with an increase in sales.
A big bright spot this year was GMC's successful roll out of its popular 2014 GMC Sierra, the most advanced light-duty truck on the market. GMC sales were at their highest point in the month of December, with Sierra accounting for 12,035 deliveries. The Sierra line led the way in GMC sales to individual customers since its arrival in June. The success of the Sierra line of trucks accounted for a large percentage of total sales, increasing sales 20% over the previous model year.
Additional GMC models also had fabulous years, with the 2014 Acadia being one big example. The Acadia midsize crossover increased retail sales by 18 percent over the previous year. This year's model of the Acadia had its best year since 2010 and posted three straight months of gains in 2013. Its 53 percent gain year over year represent one of the strongest sellers in the GMC brand. The GMC Terrain was one of the strongest sellers in the small SUV market this year, with an 11 percent increase over previously strong sales.
GMC sales seemed to be picking up steam in May of 2013, when that month was the strongest since the same month in 2007. August was the month when analysts began to pay attention as the 2014 Sierra fueled sales. According to GMC 18,000 2014 Sierras were sold in the month of August alone.
These sales figures are a very good sign that GMC is one of the brands that have successfully weathered the economic recession that hit in 2008 and nearly led to the end of General Motors. GMC is a storied brand of vehicles that has manufactured trucks since 1902. GMC's big sales year is part of an auto industry that posted remarkable gains this year as customers become more confident in the economy and are buying new vehicles again.
At Red Holman Buick GMC in Westland, MI wants our customers completely satisfied. Shop our new or pre-owned inventory, pre-qualify for your next car or schedule a service appointment. If you are searching for cars using the keywords GMC dealer Farmington Hills or Buick dealer Farmington Hills, visit our service appointment today.
Automobiles Articles1. Explore An Amazing Ride With Wraith Luxury And Sports Car Rental
2. How To Formulate Your Car Drive Secure And Relaxed With The Precise Choice Of Tyres?
Author: My Tyre Point
3. Important Questions To Ask Before Rustproofing Your Car
Author: Efrain Rivas
4. Affordable Crane Services For Vehicles
Author: Shailesh Vyas
5. Things To Consider When Choosing Vw Garage Services
Author: Heston VW
6. Instructions To Get The Best Used Cars Dealer Online
7. How Scrap Car Can Benefit The Car Owner & The Environment
Author: Callum Lansell
8. Fabricated Harley Davidson Looks Good And Great To Ride
Author: Levi Fysh
9. Top 3 Easy Steps For Your Rear Windshield Replacement
Author: Dhruv Sahni
10. I Want To Sell My Car – What Is The Best Place To Sell Car?
Author: Aric Jaden
11. Why Choosing Suzuki Genuine Parts Dubai Is The Right Choice
12. 5 Advantageous Of Using Electric Bikes For Commuting
Author: Manisha Nigam
13. Learn Safe Driving Techniques From The Experts In Defensive Driving
Author: Sumit Khanchi
14. Get Approved Auto Financing In Kansas City
15. A Sailboat Vs. An Underground Bunker As The Ultimate Prepper Survival Plan
Author: pragya khare