ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Gmc Has Its Best Year Since 2007
Total Articles: 2
There is good news out of Detroit this month as final sales figures show that GMC posted its best sales since 2007, capitalizing on the success of some of its newest vehicles.
With its highest sales in six years, GMC looks to be a brand making a strong comeback in the economic recovery. In 2013, GMC had its biggest sales year since the financial downturn in 2008 rocked the automotive industry. Retail GMC sales were up 12 percent in 2013 and the automotive brand celebrated its fourth straight year with an increase in sales.
A big bright spot this year was GMC's successful roll out of its popular 2014 GMC Sierra, the most advanced light-duty truck on the market. GMC sales were at their highest point in the month of December, with Sierra accounting for 12,035 deliveries. The Sierra line led the way in GMC sales to individual customers since its arrival in June. The success of the Sierra line of trucks accounted for a large percentage of total sales, increasing sales 20% over the previous model year.
Additional GMC models also had fabulous years, with the 2014 Acadia being one big example. The Acadia midsize crossover increased retail sales by 18 percent over the previous year. This year's model of the Acadia had its best year since 2010 and posted three straight months of gains in 2013. Its 53 percent gain year over year represent one of the strongest sellers in the GMC brand. The GMC Terrain was one of the strongest sellers in the small SUV market this year, with an 11 percent increase over previously strong sales.
GMC sales seemed to be picking up steam in May of 2013, when that month was the strongest since the same month in 2007. August was the month when analysts began to pay attention as the 2014 Sierra fueled sales. According to GMC 18,000 2014 Sierras were sold in the month of August alone.
These sales figures are a very good sign that GMC is one of the brands that have successfully weathered the economic recession that hit in 2008 and nearly led to the end of General Motors. GMC is a storied brand of vehicles that has manufactured trucks since 1902. GMC's big sales year is part of an auto industry that posted remarkable gains this year as customers become more confident in the economy and are buying new vehicles again.
At Red Holman Buick GMC in Westland, MI wants our customers completely satisfied. Shop our new or pre-owned inventory, pre-qualify for your next car or schedule a service appointment. If you are searching for cars using the keywords GMC dealer Farmington Hills or Buick dealer Farmington Hills, visit our service appointment today.
Automobiles Articles1. Cad Jobs: What Are The Different Options?
2. Being A Driving Instructor, A Challenging Profession
Author: Nate Mcgahey
3. Add Style, Elegance And Luxury To Weddings - Hire Wedding Cars
Author: Padraic O Reilly
4. How To Check Out Any Local Garage First For Auto Repairs?
Author: Mark Josesh
5. Why Mobile Sinks Are More Beneficial Than Steady Sinks?
Author: Amy Mosis
6. Find Great Deals Of Portable Hand Washing Station With Hot Water
Author: Amy Mosis
7. What To Expect From Driving Lessons On The First Class With Your Instructor?
Author: Nate Mcgahey
8. 5 Common Myths About Sun Control Window Film
Author: Ryan Amari
9. How To Modify Your Car On A Budget For Best Performance
Author: Dashiell John
10. Performance Tuning - Diesel Chip Tuning
Author: Performance Tuning
11. How To Refinance Your Car At The Right Time?
Author: Williams Orchard
12. Why Is Car Care Considered As Most Important?
Author: Suraj Sharma
13. Why Used Car Parts Are Better Than New A1 Auto Parts
Author: Used Car Parts Used Cash For Unwanted Cars
14. Cash For Unwanted Cars Save Auto Scrap Yard
Author: Used Car Parts Used Auto Parts
15. Finding The Right Electric Mobility Scooters
Author: Hampry Gomes