ALL >> Health >> View Article
Workplace Drug Testing – Things Employers Should Consider
Total Articles: 499
Workforce plays an important role in keeping the business productive. Therefore, it is important that the workforce is healthy and is away from the influence of illicit drug-abuse. For this employers should monitor drug use amongst their employees by conducting workplace drug testing.
Why workplace drug testing?
Employers are responsible for providing a safe working environment. It is, therefore, their job to make sure that the workplace is free from drug abusers.
Employers should consider compulsory drug testing when hiring an employee. This is likely to prevent drug abusers from entering the workplace. Not only the new employees should undergo drug testing, but also the existing employees should be tested. Employers should undertake drug testing at workplace as a preventive measure.
Things employers should consider
While it is sensible for employers to make workplace drug testing as a matter of safety, it is also important for them to consider certain things that are listed below.
• Risky nature of job: It is important to consider the fact that not all jobs have the same risk. This brings difference in amount of risk that various jobs have. For example, people who are at a construction site are more prone to face casualties than those who are at a retail shop.
• Check State laws: Before employers frame rules on workplace drug testing, they need to check at State's Labor Department, if any limits are set by State laws. This is because not all States permit workplace drug testing, particularly random drug testing.
• Frame drug testing policy: After employers are sure with respect to State laws, they should have a drug testing policy in place. To ensure employees are aware of this measure, circulate it widely. This will help your employees understand the importance of drug testing.
• Clear perspective: Employers should have a clear perspective on the implications of a workplace drug testing policy. Be open to suggestions that employees might come up with. In other words, the policy should be flexible. This is likely to give a feel among employees that the employer is responsible for their well-being. It also helps you manage the risk of drug-abuse at workplace.
• Conduct random or/and scheduled drug testing: Make sure to have a plan when to and how to administer drug-testing. Having a program will make it easy to execute. While deciding the type of drug testing, random or scheduled, it is important to list employees who need to undergo the drug testing.
• Use drug testing kits that are reliable: Use kits that are safe, fast, accurate, easy to use and that does not need professional help. These kits should meet safety standards under SAMHSA and FDA recommendations.
An effective drug testing program at workplace not only promotes a safe environment, but also increases productivity and efficiency of employees.
Drugteststrips.com is an online store offering reliable and FDA approved drug test kits at affordable prices. Our marijuana test kit can detect thc in a urine specimen without the use of additional instrument. The marijuana urine test is a simple to administer dip-and-read test and is designed to detect marijuana in urine. Visit our website http://www.drugteststrips.com for more information.
Health Articles1. Set Up Your Romantic Mood With Essential Oil
2. Important Tips For Buying Essential Oils
3. Mistakes That You Should Avoid When Buying Essential Oil
4. Important Things To Remember When Planning To Buy Essential Oil
5. Where To Purchase A Good Quality Essential Oil?
6. Do You Know How To Use Essential Oil?
7. Buy Essential Oil For Weight Loss
8. Buy Quality Essential Oils For Your Soul, Body And Emotions
9. Where To Purchase Best Essential Oil
10. Essential Oil – A Best Natural Skincare
11. Fragrant Healing For Emotional Well Being
12. Learn The Secrets About Essential Oils
13. Fragrance Based Treatment Tips For Beginners
14. Manual For Evaluating The Aroma Of An Essential Oil
15. Step By Step Instructions To Perform A Skin Patch Test With Essential Oils