ALL >> Family >> View Article
Train Your Child To Develop Proper Toilet Habits
Total Articles: 185
It is an exciting step for the parents and the kid when the child learns to use potty and toilet. The child will not develop the toilet skills on their own. You need to train them. Most of the parents are confused regarding when to start toilet training of their child. The secret is to wait for the signs that will tell the child is ready.
Usually, the children learn to tell that they need to poo or pee at different ages. The signs that a kid is ready for toilet training normally appear from two years. Though most of the children stop wetting bed when they are five; for few the parents have to wait as late as eight years.
When you can start toilet training?
You can understand that your kid is ready for toilet training when he or she
• Can walk and sit for a short period of time
• Is independent when a task has to be completed
• Has a dry nappy for two hours at a stretch
• Tells you before he or she poo or wee in nappy
• Dislikes wearing nappy or tries to pull it off whenever it is wet
• Has regular and proper bowel movement
• Follows simple instructions
The toilet training is not a matter of two or three days. It may take months. You have to be patient and calmly assist your child to develop the toilet habit. The children will grasp toilet training more quickly especially when they are not wearing nappies.
The training pants can be good replacement of nappies at this time. These are absorbent underwear worn at the time of toilet training. The pull up training pant is a popular choice of many parents during the toilet training. However, the pants are less absorbent than nappies. Once you put on the pants, it is best to dress the child in clothes that are easy to take off.
Take your little one to sit on the potty at a particular time each day when he or she is likely to have a bowel movement. Five minutes is enough to wait. If the child does not poo during the time, it is better to take him or her out. If the child is not interested or is not willing to cooperate, wait until the child is ready to try again. At different time throughout the day, ask your kids to go to toilet. Do not pressurize, a gentle reminder is enough.
You cannot expect your child to behave like an adult as soon as the toilet training starts. Even after the toilet training, it is common that child accidentally soil their pants. Most of the children that use potty and toilet during day, they wet the bed during night. Therefore, it is not the right time to throw away the nappies. You may need the nappies when you are taking the kid out. You may purchase nappies online. Bulk purchase and discount voucher will let you enjoy minimum price tag.
Family Articles1. Baby Gears: Recommendations For Rookies
Author: Bob Smith
2. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
3. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
4. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
5. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
6. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
7. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online
8. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Agency Offer Best Services For The Elderly Support
9. Professional Nanny Jobs Abroad
10. I Need A Live In Nanny
11. Where To Find Nanny Jobs
12. Nanny Full Time Jobs
13. Looking For A Live In Nanny
14. Step-by-step Successful Suggestions When Thinking Of Baby Items
Author: Bob Smith
15. Best Respite Child Care Jobs Online