ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Magnificent Red Fort: Delhi's Pride Reflecting The Glorious Past!
Total Articles: 4
With historic monuments singing praises to the golden history of India, there's no doubt why the capital city of the country, India, has been considered as the ruling city. Despite the wave of modernisation, the city has very aesthetically held on to its historic charm that even surpasses the suave and modern architecture.
Such is the aura of the age old Mughal empire, which once ruled the nation, that we can still feel the presence of it in the marvellous buildings existing throughout the nation. These memorials testify the intriguing past of the nation. One such mighty example of Mughal architecture happens to be Red Fort; which is applauded by number of tourists who visit the place booking flights to Delhi. Situated in the old city, it exudes an incredible charm leaving the visitors in sheer awe.
Red Fort at a glance:-
The fort got its name owing to the red coloured sandstone it was built with by Emperor Shah Jahan, who is even credited for the love mausoleum; Taj Mahal. Enjoying its presence on the banks of the holy river Yamuna, Red Fort covers an area of 2 kilometers and is perfect enough to be a small city in itself. In the past, the place was the residence of more than 500 members of the royal family. And thereafter was the official domicile for the British till year 1947 thereafter which India got freedom and the fort became open for common masses. You can come over here for a short trip booking flights to Delhi!
Booking flights to Delhi, you can easily plan a visit to the fort. The entry is made through the Lahori Gate, which then takes you to the colourful market of Chandni Chowk. In the olden times, it was known as the Meena Bazaar and was the shopping destination of Mughal queens and their acquaintances. Next you come across the Nobat Darwaza, which is even known as the Elephant Gate. Used as the entertainment room by the Mughals, this four-storey structure is embellished with floral carvings.
The elephant gate further opens to Diwan-e-aam, which used to be the place for the common mass during the sermons and celebration days. Next is the Diwane Khas that used to be reserved for the King's special courts-men, commanders, advisers and commanders.
Once you reach the place booking flights to Delhi, try to be a part of the sunset. It's indeed worth watching. You can even a gala time at Sheesh-Mahal or the palace of mirrors, it helps in recreating your body and mind. There is also one old mosque inside the fort known as the Moti-Masjid. Then you can unwind yourself in the magical gardens. Evenings here can be enjoyed amidst an amazing sound and light show that take you down the memory lane.
Book early flights to Delhi and plan a wonderful trip, also make it a point to begin your Red Fort tour early afternoon so that you can explore it thoroughly and enjoy each aspect!
Bhim Neupane leads Buddha Travel - An Australia based travel agency that offers cheap flights to Delhi and helps you fly with Best Airfare to India.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus