ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Magnificent Red Fort: Delhi's Pride Reflecting The Glorious Past!
Total Articles: 4
With historic monuments singing praises to the golden history of India, there's no doubt why the capital city of the country, India, has been considered as the ruling city. Despite the wave of modernisation, the city has very aesthetically held on to its historic charm that even surpasses the suave and modern architecture.
Such is the aura of the age old Mughal empire, which once ruled the nation, that we can still feel the presence of it in the marvellous buildings existing throughout the nation. These memorials testify the intriguing past of the nation. One such mighty example of Mughal architecture happens to be Red Fort; which is applauded by number of tourists who visit the place booking flights to Delhi. Situated in the old city, it exudes an incredible charm leaving the visitors in sheer awe.
Red Fort at a glance:-
The fort got its name owing to the red coloured sandstone it was built with by Emperor Shah Jahan, who is even credited for the love mausoleum; Taj Mahal. Enjoying its presence on the banks of the holy river Yamuna, Red Fort covers an area of 2 kilometers and is perfect enough to be a small city in itself. In the past, the place was the residence of more than 500 members of the royal family. And thereafter was the official domicile for the British till year 1947 thereafter which India got freedom and the fort became open for common masses. You can come over here for a short trip booking flights to Delhi!
Booking flights to Delhi, you can easily plan a visit to the fort. The entry is made through the Lahori Gate, which then takes you to the colourful market of Chandni Chowk. In the olden times, it was known as the Meena Bazaar and was the shopping destination of Mughal queens and their acquaintances. Next you come across the Nobat Darwaza, which is even known as the Elephant Gate. Used as the entertainment room by the Mughals, this four-storey structure is embellished with floral carvings.
The elephant gate further opens to Diwan-e-aam, which used to be the place for the common mass during the sermons and celebration days. Next is the Diwane Khas that used to be reserved for the King's special courts-men, commanders, advisers and commanders.
Once you reach the place booking flights to Delhi, try to be a part of the sunset. It's indeed worth watching. You can even a gala time at Sheesh-Mahal or the palace of mirrors, it helps in recreating your body and mind. There is also one old mosque inside the fort known as the Moti-Masjid. Then you can unwind yourself in the magical gardens. Evenings here can be enjoyed amidst an amazing sound and light show that take you down the memory lane.
Book early flights to Delhi and plan a wonderful trip, also make it a point to begin your Red Fort tour early afternoon so that you can explore it thoroughly and enjoy each aspect!
Bhim Neupane leads Buddha Travel - An Australia based travel agency that offers cheap flights to Delhi and helps you fly with Best Airfare to India.
Travel Articles1. Indian Visa On Arrival
2. Here Are The Top Perfect Destinations For Corporate Outings In Hyderabad:
Author: Aakruthi priya
3. Respect The Events Of The Holiday Season With A Limo Rental Of Atlanta
Author: john wick
4. A Schengen Tourist Visa Allows You To Move Across Many European Countries With A Single Visa
5. Top Destinations To Spend Your Christmas And New Year
6. Breathe In A World Class Resort
Author: Amish Chovan
7. 5 Advantages Of Flying Business Class
Author: Stephen Adair
8. Why Do You Choose Bachelorette Party Bus Rental In Austin?
Author: Robert Lopez
9. Plan Your Best Summer Trip With Collegiate Travels
10. Holiday Appropriate Transportation Made Possible Via Dc Charter Bus Company
Author: David WILSON
11. Collegiate Travels Makes Fraternity Trips Stress Free
12. The Ultimate Elopement With Executive Car Service Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
13. Freedom To Explore South Africa Without Restrictions
14. Rent A Car For The Freedom You Need To Explore Africa At Your Own Pace!
15. Car Rentals To Make Your Airport Journey Affordable And Comfortable In Maui!
Author: Vikram Kumar