ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How Are Madurai Hotels ?
Total Articles: 76
Madurai known for innumerable historical monuments, located on banks of river Vaigai and is third largest city , having so many technology companies. The region is famous for rubber, automobile etc and many industries are there. It is truly called Information technology hub due to the presence of software companies here. The city is one of the oldest and referred by several names as Koodal, Thiruvalai and built around the famous and is referred as Koodal, Malligai Maanagar, Thirualavai and Meenakshi Amman temple. Numerous concentric quadrangular streets are here and has been considered a center of learning. Hindus are in majority and other religions like Christians, Sikhs are also here. It has been built around Meenakshi Amman temple and is divided into a number of concentric quadrangular streets, and is one of the oldest city. Hindus are in majority living here and other than this there are Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists.
Madurai has a rich cultural heritage coming from great Tamil era which is more than 2500 years old and has been important commercial centre for people. It has been a great academic center of learning for Tamil cultural activities like Dance, music, art and culture and has been known for Madurai Malli and trade is done at flower market. The city is having active night life and is known by several names and one of these is Thoonga Nagaram.The city is said to never sleeps and people come here to visit can roam around till late night. Many festivals are celebrated like bull taming event, Jallikattu etc and visitors who come from not only India but outside do participate in the celebrations and make their trip memorable. The hotels here are for budget as well as luxury travelers. The budget hotel offers South Indian food apart from other facilities.
The basic facilities are there in a good decent Madurai hotels and offers good value for money .Hotel International is one of the budget hotel in Madurai, and rooms are equipped with basic and modern amenities. The places of sightseeing includes Gandhi memorial museum, provides insight into life of Mahatma Gandhi and items like chappals, clothes and everything related to Gandhiji can be easily found here. Madurai hotels are comfortable and provide not only basic amenities but are equipped with modern facilities. The other places of visit are Rameswaram temple, Sri Meenakshi Amman temple, Thirumalai Nayakar Mahal, Azhagar Kovil, Tiruparankundram, Mariamman etc. Madurai is called by several names like Athens of East, Koil nagar, Koodal Managar etc. The major kingdoms ruled the city are Pandyas, Nayaks. The temples cannot be ignored due to their beautifully crafted sculptures and designs.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David