ALL >> Art >> View Article
How To Paint More Effectively And Efficiently With Different Brushes
Total Articles: 11
A war is fought with arms and ammunitions. Consider canvas as a battle field and the paint brush as ammunition. Like there are different ammunitions in the armory, a painter has different types of brushes at its disposal. Each type of ammunitions has a different purpose in a battle ground and likewise every paint brush is used for a particular purpose. Having knowledge of different paint brushes available for painting is important.
In this article, we will try to educate all beginner painters about the different types of brushes and their particular use. The most common brushes that are used are: round, flat, filbert, and bright. A ‘round’ brush is used to emphasize fine details in the painting and should be used with great control as it is not able to hold much paint. On the other hand, a ‘flat’ brush can hold a lot of paint because it has longer bristles. One of the primary uses of a ‘flat’ brush is to draw a straight line. A ‘filbert’ brush is flat on sides and round at the top and is used for making softer edges, but strictly not for straight lines. ‘Bright’ brush is another type of brush which is flat in shape with shorter bristles.
Now, we will throw some light on the type of hair used on the brush that gives different impact on the canvas. Some of the different types of bristles that are used on the brush are: hog, sable, and watercolor brushes. ‘Hog’ bristles are hard in nature and are mainly used for oil paintings as the oil paints are hard. ‘Sable’ bristles are flexible and comparatively soft than ‘hog’ and are primarily used for acrylic style of paintings. Watercolor brushes are mostly made from synthetic fiber and is incapable of holding a lot of paint.
Another important aspect of painting is the way of using the paint brush. Before using the paint brush on the canvas, utmost care should be taken to soak the brush properly in water or turpentine. After soaking, the brush should be dried up well with the help of a cloth. Keeping the brush in a perfect condition is very important and should be cleaned after using a new set of color. Another piece of advice, never use the same brush for water and oil paints. So, enjoy colors, use good brushes, make paintings and be creative.
We recommend you to visit http://ArtsNyou.com, the online shopping destination for Indian paintings, landscape paintings, abstract paintings, art prints, figurative paintings that are stylish, trendy and beautiful– the Shopping that is easy on the pockets, the Shopping that offers all the famous paintings from various artists worldwide, and the Shopping that is simpler, easier, faster and always Online.
Art Articles1. 6 Marketing Tricks For Wedding Videographers
Author: ALEX O DALY
2. Signage Resulted From Concept Of Getting Attracted To Colourful Signs
Author: Toby Pratt
3. Best Design With Personalised Edible Photos On Cake
Author: Tony Blames
4. Wandbilder Can Add A Character To Your Home Décor
5. Find Beautiful Kinderzimmer Bilder Online
6. Actors, Models And Emcees Careers That Are Interrelated
7. Preserving Memories With The Trend From Photo To Painting
Author: Jianyin Liu
8. How To Evaluate Professional Painters In Abbotsford -
Author: Olivia William
9. Why Should You Wrap Your Car Instead Of Painting It?
Author: 704 Sign Printing
10. 6 Secrets Your Wedding Videographer Needs You To Understand
Author: ALEX O DALY
11. What Is Interior Design And How Is It Different From Interior Decorating?
12. The Outdoor Advertisements Still Rules In The World Of Websites
Author: Alex Dawson
13. Thanjavur Brihadeshwara Temple-unesco World Heritage
14. Best Hill Stations To Plan Your Vacation In South India
15. School Student Tour Packages In Chennai