ALL >> Art >> View Article
How To Paint More Effectively And Efficiently With Different Brushes
Total Articles: 11
A war is fought with arms and ammunitions. Consider canvas as a battle field and the paint brush as ammunition. Like there are different ammunitions in the armory, a painter has different types of brushes at its disposal. Each type of ammunitions has a different purpose in a battle ground and likewise every paint brush is used for a particular purpose. Having knowledge of different paint brushes available for painting is important.
In this article, we will try to educate all beginner painters about the different types of brushes and their particular use. The most common brushes that are used are: round, flat, filbert, and bright. A ‘round’ brush is used to emphasize fine details in the painting and should be used with great control as it is not able to hold much paint. On the other hand, a ‘flat’ brush can hold a lot of paint because it has longer bristles. One of the primary uses of a ‘flat’ brush is to draw a straight line. A ‘filbert’ brush is flat on sides and round at the top and is used for making softer edges, but strictly not for straight lines. ‘Bright’ brush is another type of brush which is flat in shape with shorter bristles.
Now, we will throw some light on the type of hair used on the brush that gives different impact on the canvas. Some of the different types of bristles that are used on the brush are: hog, sable, and watercolor brushes. ‘Hog’ bristles are hard in nature and are mainly used for oil paintings as the oil paints are hard. ‘Sable’ bristles are flexible and comparatively soft than ‘hog’ and are primarily used for acrylic style of paintings. Watercolor brushes are mostly made from synthetic fiber and is incapable of holding a lot of paint.
Another important aspect of painting is the way of using the paint brush. Before using the paint brush on the canvas, utmost care should be taken to soak the brush properly in water or turpentine. After soaking, the brush should be dried up well with the help of a cloth. Keeping the brush in a perfect condition is very important and should be cleaned after using a new set of color. Another piece of advice, never use the same brush for water and oil paints. So, enjoy colors, use good brushes, make paintings and be creative.
We recommend you to visit http://ArtsNyou.com, the online shopping destination for Indian paintings, landscape paintings, abstract paintings, art prints, figurative paintings that are stylish, trendy and beautiful– the Shopping that is easy on the pockets, the Shopping that offers all the famous paintings from various artists worldwide, and the Shopping that is simpler, easier, faster and always Online.
Art Articles1. Only Thing That Matters In Corporate Video
Author: alex o daly
2. Salvus App Solutions Decorated Handmade Pooja Golden Karwa 4 Inches
Author: Divishi Verma
3. 5 Do's And Dont's For Professional Wedding Photography
4. Importance Of Lord Shiva Sphatik Shiva Lingam
Author: Divishi Verma
5. Find Best Quality Leinwandbilder From The Online Gallery Within Affordable Price
6. The Leinwandbilder Offer A Visual Treat For The Art Lovers
7. The Impact Of Head Shots Melbourne
8. Different Types Of Corporate Headshots
9. Photography Which Enhances Your Loving Moments In An Album
Author: Manoj sahu
10. Best Diwali Gift -metal Handmade Lord Jhoola Statue And Sculpture Showpiece
11. Enjoy Looking Beautiful And Fitter With The Pole Dance Therapy
Author: Spencer Holden
12. The Problem With Concrete Countertops That No One Talks About.
Author: Design Tab
13. No Shop Sign At All Is Better Than A Bad Or Improper One
Author: Alex Dawson
14. Steps Have To Plan A Wedding That's Totally You
Author: James Fields
15. Join Boston New Years Eve Party To Enjoy A Party With Top Influencers Of The Town