ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Fix And Repair Ceramic Tiles In Large-scale
Total Articles: 22
Ceramic materials are inorganic, non-metallic and solid building materials which are widely used for home decor. They are prepared by the process of high-temperature heating and subsequent cooling. Chinese tile is an inorganic crystalline oxide which is solid and inert and hence does not react with any other chemicals. Since ceramic is chemically inert, it can withstand chemical erosion that occurs due to other materials in the surroundings that react with acidic substances. Ceramic materials are brittle, hard, and strong in compression, weak in shearing and tension. In this article, we are going to discuss the method of fixing ceramic tiles over large scale and the method of replacing the broken tiles.
How to fix ceramic tiles in large scale
A grid should be designed to fix the tile first. The grid should not exceed 8'x10'.
6mm groove is made in each box of the grid so that when the tiles expand, they don’t result in breaking.
Why ceramic tiles break or crack
The adhesive used for ceramic tiles is cement mortar. When the mortar mixes in not produced in the correct proportion, the ceramic tiles result in popping up. Ceramic tiles are delicate. If excessive load is placed on them, ceramic tile will result in cracking. If ceramic tiles are laid continuously over large spans without any grooves between them, then they result in popping up and breaking, since ceramic tiles have the ability to expand.
How to replace the broken ceramic tile
There are three important steps to be followed to replace the broken ceramic tile:
First, while removing the broken Ceramic Tile , we should make sure that take that the tiles around the broken tile are not damaged. Cut the tile from the inside of its edges so that other tiles don't get chipped off. Then take a chisel and hammer and slowly chisel out the edges of the broken tile from the floor.
Second, scrape out the old adhesive that is cement mortar from the floor.
Third, lay fresh cement mortar (1:6) to a layer of thickness 10mm and then lay ceramic tiles in a fashion as discussed in the article above.
General Articles1. Magnesium Oxide Industry Pay Attention To The Intelligent Development
Author: hu Allen
2. The Akg C 480 B U.s.a.in Practice
Author: AKG CK62 Omnidirect Capsule For C480B ULS
3. How To Find Best Contractor Payroll Management Solution In Australia
Author: Tristan T
4. Reasons Why Your Business Loan Is Denied - Logintoloans
5. Business Opportunities For Photographers
Author: Sagar Gore
6. Best Housekeeping Services In Pune - Om Sai Facility Services
Author: Om Sai Facility Services
7. Best Ways To Find An Excellent Rental Property Agent For Rental Properties In Bhopal
8. Foreclosure Property In Ahmedabad For Sale - Where To Start Your Search
9. Getting Proper Teeth Whitening From The Best Dental Services In Windsor
Author: Raphael Leo
10. Raviv Dozetas Comes Up With The Best Designs In The Construction Field
11. Preparation Tips For Droppers And Repeater Students To Crack Iit Jee Exam
Author: Abhijit Phalke
12. What Is E-commerce Insurance?
13. Kunsh Technologies - Affordable Offshore Software Development Company Based In India
Author: Darshan Shah
14. Gli Eleganti Abiti Neri Possono Avere Disegni Intricati
15. Magnesium Carbonate Quality Is Improving
Author: hu Allen