ALL Ľ General >> View Article
How To Fix And Repair Ceramic Tiles In Large-scaleBy Expert Author: globalbm globalbm
Ceramic materials are inorganic, non-metallic and solid building materials which are widely used for home decor. They are prepared by the process of high-temperature heating and subsequent cooling. Chinese tile is an inorganic crystalline oxide which is solid and inert and hence does not react with any other chemicals. Since ceramic is chemically inert, it can withstand chemical erosion that occurs due to other materials in the surroundings that react with acidic substances. Ceramic materials are brittle, hard, and strong in compression, weak in shearing and tension. In this article, we are going to discuss the method of fixing ceramic tiles over large scale and the method of replacing the broken tiles.
How to fix ceramic tiles in large scale
A grid should be designed to fix the tile first. The grid should not exceed 8'x10'.
6mm groove is made in each box of the grid so that when the tiles expand, they donít result in breaking.
Why ceramic tiles break or crack
The adhesive used for ceramic tiles is cement mortar. When the mortar mixes in not produced in the correct proportion, the ceramic tiles result in popping up. Ceramic tiles are delicate. If excessive load is placed on them, ceramic tile will result in cracking. If ceramic tiles are laid continuously over large spans without any grooves between them, then they result in popping up and breaking, since ceramic tiles have the ability to expand.
How to replace the broken ceramic tile
There are three important steps to be followed to replace the broken ceramic tile:
First, while removing the broken Ceramic Tile , we should make sure that take that the tiles around the broken tile are not damaged. Cut the tile from the inside of its edges so that other tiles don't get chipped off. Then take a chisel and hammer and slowly chisel out the edges of the broken tile from the floor.
Second, scrape out the old adhesive that is cement mortar from the floor.
Third, lay fresh cement mortar (1:6) to a layer of thickness 10mm and then lay ceramic tiles in a fashion as discussed in the article above.
General Articles1. Download Premium Wordpress Themes From Reliable Developers To Enhance Website Presence Online
2. Tablet Repair London | Screen Repair Or Replacement | Tablet Repairer
Author: Tablet Repair
3. Limousine Service In Washington Will Provide A Romantic Spark
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
4. Digitalized And Globalized Medical Marketplaces
Author: parveen kumar
5. Different Branches Of Oil And Gas Engineering
Author: Mohammad Khalid
6. App Store Optimization Tool | More Users To Your App
Author: Richelle Guo
7. An Insight Into The Perks Of Online Magazine Advertising
Author: Aditya G.
8. Understanding The Dietary Requirements Of Young Pets
Author: Jackson Robert
9. Pega 7 Live Online Training And Self Learning Video By Professionals In New York - Usa
10. Hiring Expert Freestylers For Advancing The Footballing Game Level
Author: parveen kumar
11. What You Don't Know About Casinos Might Shock You
12. Nokia Phone Repairs | Certified Technicians Work On Your Device
Author: Nokia Repairer
13. Review: Lexmark Cs410dtn Printer
Author: Ackley Ada
14. Plus Size Swimwear Uk
15. Get Your Love Back By Vashikaran Mantra | Love Problem Solutions
Author: Get Your Love Back by Vashikaran Mantra | Love pro