ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
17. Affordable Performance Nissan Skyline R33 Gts25-t
Total Articles: 312
In 1993 the all new Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25-T replaced the successful R32 GTS- T. Little brother to the all conquering GTR the GTS25-T is more affordable and still a thrilling ride. It features a more modern new shape with smooth lines rather than the sharp edges of the previous model. The new looks were debatable some liked the newer styling of the R33 and some preferred the harder edges of the R32.
On the road with the R33 the first thing you notice is how smooth the R25DET engine is power delivery is linier and the Car pulls hard from 3000rpm to the 7000 rpm redline. The manual coupe version will propel you from 0-100 in 6.18 seconds and complete the quarter in 14.4. Maximum power is 187kw at 6400 and a max torque 295nm at 4800.
The RB25DET is a ripper and featured technology ahead of it time. The 2.5 liter turbo intercooled straight 6 features a twin cam head with variable valve timing on the intake side.
Handling of the coupe is great with a good balance between comfort and a sports like feel. The rear of the car steered by a system called HICAS which works by calculating the speed and angle of the car through the corners. This feature seems to minimize under- steer and kept the car flat through the corner. The rear on the car is equipped with a viscous LSD and steps out ever so progressively when pushing hard. This makes the car easy to control but if pushed to hard it would be easy to loose the rear end. The skyline is a medium size coupe weighing in at 1360kg and when cornering its a great drive but not quiet as direct or nibble though the bends as the lighter R32 was. But light suspension modifications improve handling significantly.
In Australia a good series 1 GTS25-T can be picked up for around $17,000 and a series 2 for around 20,000. With standard features including electric windows and climate control I thinks it is great value for money. With light modifications to the engine and suspension this car can be turned into a street weapon.
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook