ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
17. Affordable Performance Nissan Skyline R33 Gts25-t
Total Articles: 312
In 1993 the all new Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25-T replaced the successful R32 GTS- T. Little brother to the all conquering GTR the GTS25-T is more affordable and still a thrilling ride. It features a more modern new shape with smooth lines rather than the sharp edges of the previous model. The new looks were debatable some liked the newer styling of the R33 and some preferred the harder edges of the R32.
On the road with the R33 the first thing you notice is how smooth the R25DET engine is power delivery is linier and the Car pulls hard from 3000rpm to the 7000 rpm redline. The manual coupe version will propel you from 0-100 in 6.18 seconds and complete the quarter in 14.4. Maximum power is 187kw at 6400 and a max torque 295nm at 4800.
The RB25DET is a ripper and featured technology ahead of it time. The 2.5 liter turbo intercooled straight 6 features a twin cam head with variable valve timing on the intake side.
Handling of the coupe is great with a good balance between comfort and a sports like feel. The rear of the car steered by a system called HICAS which works by calculating the speed and angle of the car through the corners. This feature seems to minimize under- steer and kept the car flat through the corner. The rear on the car is equipped with a viscous LSD and steps out ever so progressively when pushing hard. This makes the car easy to control but if pushed to hard it would be easy to loose the rear end. The skyline is a medium size coupe weighing in at 1360kg and when cornering its a great drive but not quiet as direct or nibble though the bends as the lighter R32 was. But light suspension modifications improve handling significantly.
In Australia a good series 1 GTS25-T can be picked up for around $17,000 and a series 2 for around 20,000. With standard features including electric windows and climate control I thinks it is great value for money. With light modifications to the engine and suspension this car can be turned into a street weapon.
Automobiles Articles1. Student Auto Loan Now At Your Reached
2. Don't Make The $500 Mistake
Author: Al Freilich
3. Is Your Next Vehicle A Luxury Car?
Author: Mike Hamby
4. Choose Auto Repair Shop Where Mechanic Give An Accurate Diagnosis
Author: Haggerty Ford
5. How To Detail Car Like A Pro
Author: neel patel
6. Things You Probably Didn't Know About Sell Your Car
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Auto Care
Author: James Elston
8. How Car Valeting In Sutton Can Increase Your Profit!
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Different Ways Of Finding Custom Choppers On Sale In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Tips To Find The Best Auto Financing Rates
11. Points To Know When Financing New Car
Author: haggerty ford
12. Two Great Tips That Can Help You Maintain Your Bmw Luxury Car Better
Author: BMW Bavaria Motors
13. 3 Tips For You To Be Careful While Buying A Used Luxury Car
Author: BMW Parsoli Motors
14. Carbon Folding Bike – Folding Bicycle Is Designed To Deliver Maximum Convenience And Benefit For The
Author: Paul Pinigis
15. Essential Tips For Purchasing A New Car