ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
All The Things You Need To Know About Engine Dynamometers
Total Articles: 312
The most professional devices that can measure an engine's power and torque are the engine dynamometers. They are used by the engine manufacturers themselves.
In order to perform the measurements on the engine (this is done before the engine in mounted into the chassis), the engine is connected to the dynamometer with a shaft. Afterwards, the engine is ignited, and it is set to run at a constant speed, and the torque that is applied to the dynamometer is exactly the engine's torque. The results of these measurements are quite accurate and there are no losses because of friction.
The new-generation dynamometers are connected to computers and they are very easy to handle and operate. They can almost perfectly simulate racing and normal driving conditions.
When driving on the road, there are a few factors that may modify the way an engine acts and the power it produces. Among these there's the air's temperature, level of humidity and also its pressure. These can be taken into consideration when testing an engine with a dynamometer, with the help of some formulas the power that an engine can give can be calculated under several types of meteorological conditions, so how the power modifies when the air pressure drops for example can be easily calculated.
Real-life conditions can be simulated by increasing the temperature at which the dynamometer tests are performed, because the engine is heating up as it runs.
Anyway, it mustn't be forgotten that once the engine is installed into the chassis it will connect to the drivetrain, and this plus a few more things will make an important part of the power to be absorbed, so the readings from an engine dynamometer will be a little different. To measure the power of the dynamometer 'at the wheels' a chassis dynamometer is required.
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe