ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
All The Things You Need To Know About Engine Dynamometers
Total Articles: 312
The most professional devices that can measure an engine's power and torque are the engine dynamometers. They are used by the engine manufacturers themselves.
In order to perform the measurements on the engine (this is done before the engine in mounted into the chassis), the engine is connected to the dynamometer with a shaft. Afterwards, the engine is ignited, and it is set to run at a constant speed, and the torque that is applied to the dynamometer is exactly the engine's torque. The results of these measurements are quite accurate and there are no losses because of friction.
The new-generation dynamometers are connected to computers and they are very easy to handle and operate. They can almost perfectly simulate racing and normal driving conditions.
When driving on the road, there are a few factors that may modify the way an engine acts and the power it produces. Among these there's the air's temperature, level of humidity and also its pressure. These can be taken into consideration when testing an engine with a dynamometer, with the help of some formulas the power that an engine can give can be calculated under several types of meteorological conditions, so how the power modifies when the air pressure drops for example can be easily calculated.
Real-life conditions can be simulated by increasing the temperature at which the dynamometer tests are performed, because the engine is heating up as it runs.
Anyway, it mustn't be forgotten that once the engine is installed into the chassis it will connect to the drivetrain, and this plus a few more things will make an important part of the power to be absorbed, so the readings from an engine dynamometer will be a little different. To measure the power of the dynamometer 'at the wheels' a chassis dynamometer is required.
Automobiles Articles1. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
2. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
3. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
4. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
6. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
7. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
8. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
9. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
11. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
12. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
13. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai
14. Korea Tour – Proper Planning Should Be Done For Your Travel To Korea!
Author: Tommy Na
15. Trip To South Korea – Get An Affordable Korean Tour Package!
Author: Tommy Na