ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
All Driver Licenses Not Created Equal
Total Articles: 399
About 1000 people move to Florida every day. That means a lot of new drivers showing up at the local DMV offices. But depending on where you are moving from your out-of-state drivers license may not count as primary identification and Florida will impose stricter ID requirements.
Already have a Drivers License – Recognized by Florida
If you have a drivers license from another US state that Florida recognizes as a primary form of ID then getting your florida drivers license can be fairly simple. The biggest challenge is providing the correct ID. A drivers license from most US states is recognized by Florida as a primary source of identification.
It must be accompanied by a secondary ID like a social security card, marriage certificate, a life insurance policy, or a birth certificate. See the full list of secondary documents accepted by the Florida DMV.
More ID Required
If your drivers license is from one of the following 20 US states it is only acceptable as a secondary form of ID.
Your ID requirements are stricter – as a primary form of ID you must provide one of the following documents:
Original or certified United States birth certificate
Valid United States passport
Certificate of Naturalization
Bring the Right ID
Failing to bring acceptable identification is the most common reason people fail to get their Florida drivers license. And it can painful. First you will wait, and wait, and wait – then you will present your ID. If you don't have the required documents you go home.
Know your Social Security Number
US Citizens are required to provide a valid Social Security number.
Suspended Drivers Licenses a No Go
If your out-of-state drivers license is suspended you must clear up the suspension before you will be given a Florida drivers license.
Make an Appointment
To speed up your visit to the Florida DMV make an appointment. The entire process can be done online. To make an appointment you will indicate the type of appointment you want to make – in this case Convert Out-of-State License to Florida, then you will select the Florida County where you want to visit the DMV.
Automobiles Articles1. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
2. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
3. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
4. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
5. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
6. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
9. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
10. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
11. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
12. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
13. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
14. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point