ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
All Driver Licenses Not Created Equal
Total Articles: 312
About 1000 people move to Florida every day. That means a lot of new drivers showing up at the local DMV offices. But depending on where you are moving from your out-of-state drivers license may not count as primary identification and Florida will impose stricter ID requirements.
Already have a Drivers License – Recognized by Florida
If you have a drivers license from another US state that Florida recognizes as a primary form of ID then getting your florida drivers license can be fairly simple. The biggest challenge is providing the correct ID. A drivers license from most US states is recognized by Florida as a primary source of identification.
It must be accompanied by a secondary ID like a social security card, marriage certificate, a life insurance policy, or a birth certificate. See the full list of secondary documents accepted by the Florida DMV.
More ID Required
If your drivers license is from one of the following 20 US states it is only acceptable as a secondary form of ID.
Your ID requirements are stricter – as a primary form of ID you must provide one of the following documents:
Original or certified United States birth certificate
Valid United States passport
Certificate of Naturalization
Bring the Right ID
Failing to bring acceptable identification is the most common reason people fail to get their Florida drivers license. And it can painful. First you will wait, and wait, and wait – then you will present your ID. If you don't have the required documents you go home.
Know your Social Security Number
US Citizens are required to provide a valid Social Security number.
Suspended Drivers Licenses a No Go
If your out-of-state drivers license is suspended you must clear up the suspension before you will be given a Florida drivers license.
Make an Appointment
To speed up your visit to the Florida DMV make an appointment. The entire process can be done online. To make an appointment you will indicate the type of appointment you want to make – in this case Convert Out-of-State License to Florida, then you will select the Florida County where you want to visit the DMV.
Automobiles Articles1. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
2. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
3. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
4. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
5. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook
6. Customized Harley Davidson With Actual Parts Is The Ultimate Style
Author: Levi Fysh
7. Commercial Kitchen Equipment Dubai
Author: AL RAZANA KITCHEN
8. An Overview About 3d Cad Modeling, Plm And Pdm
Author: An Overview About 3D CAD Modeling, PLM and PDM
9. Relax And Rove With Private Driver And Car Services
Author: Toby Pratt
10. 7 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Car Battery Charger
Author: Michael Foley
11. What Is The Best Time To Trade-in Your Old Car?
Author: Wiliams Orchard
12. The Brilliance Of Japanese Cars Imported From Japan
13. New & Upcoming Sedan Cars In India 2017
Author: Trending Car
14. Compelling Reasons To Fixing Car Dents With Paintless Dent Repair
Author: Gordon Coubrough
15. Choosing Limo Service Fort Worth