ALL >> Health >> View Article
Pediatric Dental Practices Improve Their Finances By Getting Right Their Billing And Coding
Total Articles: 8
Pediatric dentistry practices may deal with children, but when it comes to handling the intricacies of its billing and coding, it can perplex even experienced adults! If you are a pediatric dentist, these questions related to billing and coding may befuddle you finances.
• Which code to use for fluoride varnish?
• What code to use for difficult prophylaxis?
• Do D1201 and D1203 Topical Fluoride codes account for rinses or swishes?
To know the answer to these issues you have to be thoroughly versed in pediatric dental medical billing services and coding and regularly update your knowledge to be in touch with changing regulations.
Answers to the questions cited above will make it clear.
• There are two different codes when fluoride varnish is used, one for children and one for adults. Also, either of these codes can be used when a patient is considered at low risk of developing caries.
• There is no separate code for difficult prophylaxis; for all prophylaxes only one code applies.
• The new descriptor states that only prescription-strength fluoride can be used for reported using D1201 and D1203 procedure codes. D1201 has been removed from usage for topical fluoride.
It’s fair to say that not only do you need a professional biller and coder to negotiate these complexities but also one that is experienced in pediatric dentistry billing and coding. After taking professional assistance for billing and coding, many pediatric dentistry care providers have realized mere knowledge of codes mayn’t be enough to ensure successful reimbursement of claims; it also requires a sound technology and process setup to ensure that the other regulatory and procedural needs like seamless flow of data and HIPPA compliance are accounted for.
MBC’s Revenue Management Consulting services can help you with this by assessing your in-house revenue management cycle and ensuring that there is sound coordination between various components of healthcare facilitating smooth flow of medical data. Additionally, MBC spots gaps in your process and addresses them by performing a series of activities, like replacing old software applications with new ones, blocking areas of revenue leakage and identifying areas of staff training. We also identify areas where your staff may need to be trained, be it in pediatric dentistry codes or other areas related to billing and coding process, and train them.
Medicalbillerandcoders.com, the largest consortium of billers and coders in the United State, has also been helping several pediatric dentistry care providers, in big and small cities of the US, with its Outsourcing services handling the entire range of activities involved in pediatric dentistry billing and coding starting from preparation of claims through submission to post-submission follow-ups.
Health Articles1. What All You Need To Know About Spondylosis?
Author: Mahesh Singh
2. Why You Should Select Human Instant Weaves?
3. Unique Ways To Wear Your Lace Wigs
4. Flip Flops
Author: Unknown Member
5. Natural Factors Canada Supplements: How To Improve Your Sleeping Pattern
Author: Nancy Smith
6. 8 Dry Male Organ Skin Solutions To Try
Author: John Dugan
7. How To Choose The Best Water Purifier For Home
Author: Ramesh Chandra
8. Hospital Chairs And Furnitures Manufacturer
Author: Utopia Aire Pte Ltd
9. Best Ent Specialists And Hospitals In India
10. Instant And Effective Iv Vitamin Drips
11. Buy Unifibe Products Online At Best Prices On Retail Pharma India
Author: Bella Johan
12. Something Smells Down There: 6 Causes And Solutions For Odor On The Male Organ
Author: John Dugan
13. Know About Skin Care This Season!
Author: Sonali Shinde
14. The Itching Member: What To Do Now To Stop It
Author: John Dugan
15. Benefits Of Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplements-retailpharma
Author: John Christian