ALL >> Wedding >> View Article
Important Facts About Greek Wedding
Total Articles: 2
Today I share some crunchy facts about Greek wedding in the article, hope everyone enjoy it. In this article I’ll describe about a Greek wedding story. Greek wedding ceremonies are held in two different parts, we call them Betrothal and the main wedding ceremony. The couples had asked by Church priest if they arrived here with their own consent or want to marry each other happily. After getting fruitful answers the priest asked them to enter in church and then ring ceremonies started in its way. Priest blesses the rings, give rings in right hand of bride and groom. In other culture wedding the ring exchanged only one time by couple but in Greek wedding culture couple exchange rings for three times to show that their relationship works for long-term. Koumbaro or Koumbara the same as the Maid of Honor or Best Man they can be either Male or Female. The priest puts his vestment over bride and groom cross hand to assure ring ceremony is concluded fruitfully.
The wedding of Paulina and Costa one of loveliest couples we have ever met in our life. We feel like we have known them for years and their families welcomed us with open arms on the day.
The couple had many journeys on their day, missing bags of money, handbags misplaced and the day before Costa even fought with a dog who managed to bite him and send him to hospital. Nevertheless the wedding went forward as planned and in full Greek tradition we had great food and lots of dancing, including the dance which is one of our favorite parts of any Greek wedding.
We had a team of three for this day as we shot both Paulina’s and Costa’s wedding event at their parents’ houses and we brought our crane to the London Royal Exchange in the evening for some aerial shots of the dancing and reception. We love this building, especially in the evening when it’s dark and illuminated. The lighting production was done by Beyond Certainty.
“Wow, David. What can we say? Words are rendered useless. You have perfectly captured so many special moments. Thank you so much for everything. As we said before, you quickly became part of the family and helped to relax us all. It is evident to see that this is not just a job for you- it’s your passion. It’s not just your perfectionism, your technical wizardry that results in such special work, but your ability to intuitively craft a piece of art. I am so glad I found you guys! We wish you every success. We hope to be in touch in the future for other important events in our lives”.
Church: St Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church
Venue: London Royal Exchange
Flowers: Lizzie Parker
Lighting Production: Beyond Certainty
Photography: Christian Ward
Wedding Articles1. How To Choose A Catering Company For Your Event
2. Bangalore Venues Flaunt Best Wedding Theme Decor
Author: Syed Atif
3. The Experience Of The Georgian Wedding Barn, Anyone Can Have It Cheap
Author: Jeff Buffington
4. Bridal Jewelry Buying Tips
Author: Haq Nawaz
5. Enter Now For Your Chance To Win Your Dream Wedding
Author: Carly Odgers
6. Bahamas Grand Classica Cruise Deck Plan- Bahamas Paradise Cruise
7. Cruise Weddings Offers - Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line
8. The Best Wedding Venues In Vermont Within Your Budget
Author: Henry Smith
9. Ways To Find The Best Wedding Florist Etobicoke
Author: Oleander Floral
10. Classic Wedding Cars, Classic Car Hire, Vintage Wedding Cars
11. Flower Decoration Design Ideas For Venues In Bangalore
Author: Syed Atif
12. How Marriage Searches Have Changed Over The Years
Author: Abhimanyu Singh
13. Beach Wedding Ideas For Couples That Can Add A Different Taste For The Special Day!
Author: Steve Hardin
14. Choosing The Best Wedding Flowers
Author: Robin Dutt
15. Get The Right Matrimonial Match For You
Author: Akash Pokuri