ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Indian Pickles – A Summer Project
Total Articles: 11
In India, fruits and vegetables used for pickles are harvested in the sweltering summer months, when the bounty is at its peak. Many of the ingredients, such as mango and lime, are chopped and then sun-dried before being combined with the oil and seasonings and sealed in either airtight plastic, glass or porcelain containers for use throughout the cooler fall and winter months. Their tangy heat is the perfect counterpoint to sweet chutneys, cooling raita and rice that is ubiquitous at nearly every meal. Indian pickles add dimension to even the most humble ingredients, brightening them with their acidic alchemy of complex spices and plucky heat.
Indians become nostalgic about the days when pickle preparation was a beloved ritual practiced by nearly every family throughout the country. It was a time for far-flung relatives to join together to harvest, blend spices and catch up with each other as they assembled the pickle jars that would receive prominent placement in virtually every kitchen throughout India. The days when every extended family jealously guarded their sacred pickle recipes for the next generation are long gone for the majority of busy Indians, but the pickle will never disappear from their thalis. And even though pickles are typically purchased in plastic jars at the neighborhood market these days, their unique flavor will always earn them a place at the millions of tables throughout the country that most Indians would agree would not be complete without the presence of the pickle.
Do visit www.picklemasti.com for an entire gamut of Veg & Non-Veg pickles and you can place an order to get it delivered at your doorstep. You are sure to remember the ladies in your house and feel the homely touch in these pickles.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Fish Oil Market Size Projected To Grow At A $4 Billion By 2020
Author: Gomez R
2. The Online Grocery Store Sydney Offers The Best Shopping Experience
3. Five Pawns E-juices For Sale: 5 Popular Five Pawns E-liquid Flavors You Can’t Miss Out On
Author: this article talks about five vape juices
4. Celebrate Rakhi In The Best Way Possible With Online Sweets Delivery
Author: Ghasitaram Gifts
5. Ethiopian Roasted Coffee Is Processed While Following The Ancient Methods!
Author: Milkyas Tefera
6. 7 Tips For Better Spit Roasting
Author: Michael Foley
7. Why Should You Drink Green Tea?
Author: Alma miller
8. Craft Beer Tour Offers An Exciting Experience For Beer Lovers In Vietnam
Author: Brian McDonald
9. History Of The Matcha Green Tea Powder
10. Select The Food Hub By Following These Facts
Author: Rigonis Bistro
11. Why Everyone Should Consider Meal Delivery
Author: oliver shin
12. Benefits Of Coffee And Tea Vending Machines
Author: Vidya Sagar
13. 5 Popular Drinks In Sta. Rosa Laguna You Have To Try
Author: Dominik Banzon
14. Tips To Book The Right Cocktail Party Venue In San Francisco
Author: James Luke
15. Blueberry-best Online Cake Shop In Kochi