ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Cisco's Vision Of All The Things In The Cloud
Total Articles: 22
A tech giant Cisco is planning on becoming an integral part of our everyday lives - like that isn't a case already. The company that has made history during the dotcom boom of the late nineties is best known for its networking equipment - and now wants to make Cisco a household brand.
The Internet Of Everything, a somewhat cryptic name to describe the emerging practice of connecting everyday objects to the internet, is chosen to be a cornerstone of the company's future. At a moment, there are more than ten billion connected objects already: from cars, trains, and swimming pools, to refrigerators. It is believed that by 2020, if the trend continues, the number of connected devices will triple. Wearable technology, like smart watches and fitness-tracking bands - touted as the next phase of personal computing - is predicted to make the majority of such objects.
Cisco hopes to lead The Internet Of Everything revolution. A multinational produced a statistic claiming that The Internet Of Everything could inject more than fourteen trillion dollars in profit into the global economy over the next decade. They are projecting that The Internet Of Everything has the potential to grow global corporate profits by more than twenty percent in aggregate by 2022.
Cisco is envisioning an open intelligent network through which all kinds of objects could communicate with each other. The first generation of IT infrastructure was focused on the hardware. The second generation of IT infrastructure, thanks to the virtualization and cloud, will move away from the hardware to focus more on "application economy" - things like results, and performance.
The Internet Of Everything is already here in some sense. Smartphones and tablets are already living in the cloud. Smart luggage ensures that you can immediately and unmistakably locate your bags at the airport. No more lost luggage, ever again! Smart outlets are helping you save energy in your household. There is a promise of smart houses, offices and factories being built. No doubt, we will probably use Google driverless cars to get us there!
As more and more people, processes, data, and things come together, the power of the network of networks that they create grows. The Internet Of Everything has a potential to become incredibly powerful. Of course, Cisco wants to be the one company that is supporting all those applications on all those objects connected into The Internet Of Everything.
Source from: http://ezinearticles.com/?Ciscos-Vision-Of-All-The-Things-In-The-Cloud&id=8226944
Internet Marketing Articles1. Q&a | Answering All The Faqs About Social Media Aggregators
Author: Alex Watts
2. Avail Internet Marketing Companies In Pune Services To Reach Your Online Business Objectives
3. On Facebook…and The Shifty Home-business Generation
Author: Hannah George
4. Local Seo In Waterloo Ontario - Sizing Up The Competition
Author: Nick Watson is the author of this article
5. 4 Trends In The Digital Marketing Sphere That Will Help You Generate More Sales
Author: Joseph Symons
6. Bulk Sms Reselling Business Oppurtunity – Smsjosh
7. Important Factors To Consider While Enlisting For Online Construction Directory
Author: John Tremblay
8. Custom Mobile Development For Businesses
Author: Paul Wright
9. Plug Your Business Into The Digital Age With 180 Fusion
10. Pay Per Click Management Service To Take Your Business To The Next Level
11. Pasadena Web Development
Author: web design pasadena
12. A Few Effective Tips To Ensure Best Operation Of Your Business Site
Author: Bit Zenith
13. 7 Ways Personal Reputation Management Services Help You Create A Strong Online Presence
Author: AKS Interactive
14. Email Automation An Effective Way For Engaging Customers
15. The Point To Point Guide To Boosting Your Google Rankings Without Getting Penalized