ALL >> General >> View Article
Calfskin Leather – The Most Plentiful And Common Type Of Leather
Total Articles: 17
Calfskin leather is considered as one of the most durable leather and is highly used for making warm clothes and boots. Cowhide or cow skin id widely used for making leather products like jackets, bags, upholstery etc. However, cow leather may differ in quality. Not everyone can trace the difference. But a simple identification of quality is that the high quality cowhides have the original colors but a cowhide of inferior quality is often colored in different ways to hide the original. Various dyeing procedures are used in the coloring of cowhide. Cow leather is famous all across the world for qualities like durability, high quality, comfort, environment-friendliness, softness and smoothness etc.
As the name suggests, calfskin leather is produced from the hide of a calf. Hides of calfskin are used in manufacturing furniture, case goods and other consumer products. The calfskin leather boasts of softness and fine grain. Besides the above mentioned usages, calfskin is also used into book-binding. As a tight natural grain found in calfskin leather, the hides are vacuum dried so as to make grain stay tight and firm as this gives a silky and smooth texture to the surface. Subsequently, calfskin is submitted to an application of a layer of specially formulated water-based pigments.
These pigments are specially designed to give a smooth appearance to the calf skin without hiding the natural grain of the leather or disturbing the softness of the hand. Calfskin leather is also used to manufacture wallets, handbags and other leather accessories. Since the leather from calfskin is tough and thicker material, it is not recommended for manufacturing leather garments like jackets and coats. Owing to its properties like soft and pliable, many leading and premium shoes and gloves manufacturing companies use calfskin leather for their items. The products manufactured of calf skin are high-priced and are famous for their high sheen, velvety texture, fineness and high durability.
As mentioned above, cow hides are thick. Hence, the hide is usually sliced into two pieces so as to make nearly two sheets of leather. The side that had the hair or upper sheet of the leather is called grain leather or top-grain leather. This is the strongest and premium quality hide. However, the underlying layer of a cow’s skin is called split cowhide. The cow split leather will have a suede appearance on both sides top and bottom. Split leather is often used in women’s apparel, purses, handbags, pouches, wallets, belly, and athletic shoes. The cow split leather holds similar popularity as top grain layer of cow hide because of its attributes like nice-looking finished end product at low expense.
Aldan Shelette is one of the best an author in writing of Indian Leather Company, Leather Suppliers and buffalo leather. He is also working on calfskin leather.
General Articles1. Financial System Report India 2017
Author: Ask Bank IFSC Code
2. Wedding Photography Packages To Fit Well In Your Budget
Author: Manish Vishwakarma
3. What Is The Crucial Reason Of Magnesium Oxide Industrial Development?
Author: hu Allen
4. Looking For A Bunch Of Thrilling Manali Travel Packege Activities Then, Go For Any Type Of Dare You
Author: himachal traveldeal
5. Some Of The Most Awkward Moments You May Experience When Dating On Online Dating Mobile App
Author: Richa verma
6. Best Voip Solution With Speedy Internet
Author: sachin kumar
7. Major Components Of Air Conditioning System And Their Function
Author: Satendra Kumar
8. Find The Best Voip Soft Switch Providers To Get Returns In Business
Author: sachin kumar
9. Get Professional Aso Services And App Store Seo Guides At Tapaso
Author: Richelle Guo
10. Sofeeya Escorts - Top Escort Experience
Author: Sofeeya Escorts - Top Escort Experience
11. Dass Ihre Erste Familie Geld Für Frivolitäten Wie Kleidung Ausgibt
12. The Benefits Of Organic Food
Author: Brian Miller
13. Usefulness Of Social Media For Business Branding And Marketing
Author: JDM Web Technologies is Fastest Growing Company
14. Enrolled For Pmp Certification In Mumbai? It’s Time To Educate You For A Pmp Electronic Exam
15. Making Best Use Of E-waste
Author: Bala P