ALL >> General >> View Article
Calfskin Leather – The Most Plentiful And Common Type Of Leather
Total Articles: 17
Calfskin leather is considered as one of the most durable leather and is highly used for making warm clothes and boots. Cowhide or cow skin id widely used for making leather products like jackets, bags, upholstery etc. However, cow leather may differ in quality. Not everyone can trace the difference. But a simple identification of quality is that the high quality cowhides have the original colors but a cowhide of inferior quality is often colored in different ways to hide the original. Various dyeing procedures are used in the coloring of cowhide. Cow leather is famous all across the world for qualities like durability, high quality, comfort, environment-friendliness, softness and smoothness etc.
As the name suggests, calfskin leather is produced from the hide of a calf. Hides of calfskin are used in manufacturing furniture, case goods and other consumer products. The calfskin leather boasts of softness and fine grain. Besides the above mentioned usages, calfskin is also used into book-binding. As a tight natural grain found in calfskin leather, the hides are vacuum dried so as to make grain stay tight and firm as this gives a silky and smooth texture to the surface. Subsequently, calfskin is submitted to an application of a layer of specially formulated water-based pigments.
These pigments are specially designed to give a smooth appearance to the calf skin without hiding the natural grain of the leather or disturbing the softness of the hand. Calfskin leather is also used to manufacture wallets, handbags and other leather accessories. Since the leather from calfskin is tough and thicker material, it is not recommended for manufacturing leather garments like jackets and coats. Owing to its properties like soft and pliable, many leading and premium shoes and gloves manufacturing companies use calfskin leather for their items. The products manufactured of calf skin are high-priced and are famous for their high sheen, velvety texture, fineness and high durability.
As mentioned above, cow hides are thick. Hence, the hide is usually sliced into two pieces so as to make nearly two sheets of leather. The side that had the hair or upper sheet of the leather is called grain leather or top-grain leather. This is the strongest and premium quality hide. However, the underlying layer of a cow’s skin is called split cowhide. The cow split leather will have a suede appearance on both sides top and bottom. Split leather is often used in women’s apparel, purses, handbags, pouches, wallets, belly, and athletic shoes. The cow split leather holds similar popularity as top grain layer of cow hide because of its attributes like nice-looking finished end product at low expense.
Aldan Shelette is one of the best an author in writing of Indian Leather Company, Leather Suppliers and buffalo leather. He is also working on calfskin leather.
General Articles1. Why Eye Creams Are Important
2. Preparing For Usa Basketball Tours Understanding The Organisations And Categories
Author: Brett Rainbow
3. Ipad Vs Smartphone Who Will Win The Experience Battle?
Author: Patrik Murphy
4. Avail The Service Of Radius Moving For Best Moving Experience
5. Hermal Mass Flow Meters - Finding A Value In Many Industries
6. A New Example For Cyber Threat Hunting
Author: Bradon Wilson
7. What To Do If Windows Is Unable To Run The Software Protection Service On A Local Computer.
Author: Bradon Wilson
8. The Hidden, Emotional Effects Of Acne
Author: Rahul Sharma
9. Importance Of Prescribed Supplements For Your Healthy Growth
10. How Can I Invest In Cryptocurrency ?
11. Pharmasynth Offers Best Pcd Pharma Franchisee Opportunities For Business Partners
12. Ich Liebe Die Tatsache, Dass Es Zwei Kleider In Einem Geben Kann
13. Celebrate Your Partner’s Birthday By Sending A Stunning Flower Box
Author: Carl Glendon
14. What Happens During A Recession?
15. Important Gold Trading Tips For Beginners