ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Travel Sleep Aids
Total Articles: 468
As exciting as anticipating a trip that starts off with a careful review of cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages, sleep is often elusive when away from home.
Many travelers do not want to reach for pills or alcohol when trying to encourage sleep. Sleep studies suggest that the alternative is to control what you see and hear.
The following are various sleep aids/advice that can help induce sleep on a plane or hotel:
• The Ostrich Pillow cocoons a flier’s head in a padded sack.
• The UpRight Sleeper prevents a passenger’s head from falling forward while sleeping on a plane.
• The SkyRest travel pillow has gained popularity in spite of resembling a giant inflatable cheese wedge.
• The Travel HoodiePillow is an inflatable neck pillow attached to a hoodie made of sweatshirt material in a variety of colors. Tug the drawstrings and the pillow promises “cocoonification.”
• Avoid late night meals while traveling since research shows they can disrupt sleep.
• Keep smartphones out of sight in hotel rooms since the backlight can disrupt travelers’ body clocks.
• Airsleep is an app for iPhones, iPods, and iPads that is supposed to transport the user to dreamland with the sound of rain, waves, and wind along with “dreamwave brainwave” technology that claims to alter brain wave patterns to help users relax. This app adds music, something like New Age mystics on a sand dune, to the rain, waves, and wind.
• If you prefer to nod off to sounds of nature without accompanying music, check out “Healing Sounds of Nature” CDs.
• White Noise by TMSoft is an app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch that soothes listeners with ocean waves, wind, and rain, as well as unconventional sound options such as a train, vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, and purring cat. White Noise users can set shut off timers and alarms and mix multiple sounds.
• The author of the book “Get Some Headspace” offers a free 16 minute sleep podcast on his Headspace meditation app during much he talks the user through an “under the covers” mediation technique.
• Dark, snug fitting, quality eye masks block out light and can help induce sleep. Dream Essentials offers a contoured sleep mask with earplugs and a pouch. A technologically enhanced mask, called “Glo to Sleep” by Sound Oasis, is a black foam mask with small photoluminescent “points of glo” inside which is supposed to help “switch off your mind.”
Travel Articles1. Thrilling And Satisfying Wedding Road Trip Charter Bus Service Through Austin
2. Glamorize Transport For Wedding Guests With Dulles Airport Car Service
Author: Dulles Limo Service
3. Visit Bangpra International Golf Club Course Under Asian Golf Trips
Author: David Patrick
4. Best Family Cottages In Ooty
5. Achieve Wedding Transportation In Dc Impressively
Author: Saied Luliah
6. A Complete Guide To Bed And Breakfasts In Seldovia
7. Protect Your Wedding Day By Booking Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
8. Guide To Sardar Garh Heritage Hotel
Author: Sardargarh Heritage Hotel
9. Malta Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Author: svs visa services
10. The Mysterious Cambodia
Author: The mysterious Cambodia
11. Low-key, Romantic Wedding Plans With Cheap Car Service In Houston
Author: Cheap Car Service Houston
12. Make The Most Of Your Trip By Exploring Resorts Near Gurgaon For Weekends.
Author: Aravali Resorts
13. Weddings Require Suitable And Appropriate Limo Service In Dc
Author: Dc Limousine Service
14. Safaris In Tanzania
Author: Joseph Reeves
15. Arrange Easy Wedding Plans With A Competent San Diego Car Service
Author: San Diego Car Service