ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Travel Sleep Aids
Total Articles: 468
As exciting as anticipating a trip that starts off with a careful review of cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages, sleep is often elusive when away from home.
Many travelers do not want to reach for pills or alcohol when trying to encourage sleep. Sleep studies suggest that the alternative is to control what you see and hear.
The following are various sleep aids/advice that can help induce sleep on a plane or hotel:
• The Ostrich Pillow cocoons a flier’s head in a padded sack.
• The UpRight Sleeper prevents a passenger’s head from falling forward while sleeping on a plane.
• The SkyRest travel pillow has gained popularity in spite of resembling a giant inflatable cheese wedge.
• The Travel HoodiePillow is an inflatable neck pillow attached to a hoodie made of sweatshirt material in a variety of colors. Tug the drawstrings and the pillow promises “cocoonification.”
• Avoid late night meals while traveling since research shows they can disrupt sleep.
• Keep smartphones out of sight in hotel rooms since the backlight can disrupt travelers’ body clocks.
• Airsleep is an app for iPhones, iPods, and iPads that is supposed to transport the user to dreamland with the sound of rain, waves, and wind along with “dreamwave brainwave” technology that claims to alter brain wave patterns to help users relax. This app adds music, something like New Age mystics on a sand dune, to the rain, waves, and wind.
• If you prefer to nod off to sounds of nature without accompanying music, check out “Healing Sounds of Nature” CDs.
• White Noise by TMSoft is an app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch that soothes listeners with ocean waves, wind, and rain, as well as unconventional sound options such as a train, vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, and purring cat. White Noise users can set shut off timers and alarms and mix multiple sounds.
• The author of the book “Get Some Headspace” offers a free 16 minute sleep podcast on his Headspace meditation app during much he talks the user through an “under the covers” mediation technique.
• Dark, snug fitting, quality eye masks block out light and can help induce sleep. Dream Essentials offers a contoured sleep mask with earplugs and a pouch. A technologically enhanced mask, called “Glo to Sleep” by Sound Oasis, is a black foam mask with small photoluminescent “points of glo” inside which is supposed to help “switch off your mind.”
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family