ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Cheap Travel Essentials
Total Articles: 468
If “cheap” means getting the most for your money, then smart money leads prospective travelers to review cheap travel options, including cheap fares, cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, discount travel deals, and cheap vacation packages, before booking a trip.
Travel can be made even more affordable by simply packing a variety of travel essentials priced under $10 recommended by Smarter Travel:
• Always pack duct tape since it can be used to fix almost anything including luggage suffering from broken zippers, rips, and/or torn handles. This multiuse adhesive can cover foot blisters, hide valuables (by taping them under your bed), cover tent or sleeping bag holes, adjust skirt hems, and remove lint from clothes.
• Bring a travel size bottle of Downy wrinkle release, particularly if you will be packing cotton, silk, linen, or other wrinkle prone fabrics. Severely wrinkled garments may get damp while being sprayed, so sometimes it is smart to spray and tug your clothes the day before wearing them, allowing them to dry out while hanging.
• Carry dry shampoo that can absorb excess oil between washes and is ideal for long flights and busy vacations that afford little time for hair care.
• Purchase a reusable Vapur Anti-Bottle (refillable water bottle) which is squishy, comes with BPA-free plastic walls that can be easily flattened, and fit easily into a pocket or bag. It is an earth friendly bottle that takes next to no space in a bag.
• Bring a sunblock stick and stick deodorant. That way you are not limited to only carrying 3.4 ounces on a plane and you will not have to worry about liquids leaking all over your clothes.
• Pack luggage ties to help significantly discourage tampering and unlike locks (which along with zipper pulls often get broken off as they are carried along by airport conveyor belts), they are cheap to replace.
• Carry a Tide stain stick or the new Tide to Go Stain Eraser to deal with spills vs. having to turn to an expensive hotel laundry service.
• A good travel size bottle of hand sanitizer is a smart way to fend off viruses and germs while traveling when hand washing with soap and water is not an option.
• Pack and use lip balm, even if you do not normally use lip balm. Breathing dry airplane air, being out in the sun, eating salty foods in transit all contribute to mild dehydration and chapped lips. Lip balm can also be used to tame frizzy hair ends, soothe dry cuticles, protect skin from windburn and unstick a problem zipper.
• Make conditioner perform double duty as shaving cream. Conditioner has the added benefit of being a moisturizer.
• Dental floss can be used as emergency thread to fix torn hems and loose buttons.
• Pack a small bottle of baby shampoo which can be used as laundry detergent as well cleaning hair.
• Use petroleum jelly while traveling to remove makeup. This jelly also helps keep skin and lips moisturized and can help prevent chafing.
• Packing a small $10 luggage scale can help avoid paying hundreds in overweight bag fees. For example, American Airlines charges $100 per checked bag weighing over 50 lbs on domestic flights. Make certain you weigh your bag before showing up at the check-in counter. If you have the room, pack a portable scale so that you can weigh your bag again before your return flight.
Travel Articles1. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
2. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
3. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson
4. Cheap Price Vietnam Tour
Author: Nguyen Xuyen
5. Important Features To Select Best Hotel In Puri
6. Rwanda Gorilla Tour – Things To Know About Mountain Gorillas
Author: Barack Nari
7. 9 Top Places Must See When You Visit Wayanad
Author: Hruday Chand
8. 10 Most Popular Summer Holiday Destinations In Southindia
9. Top-quality Limo Services In Phoenix
10. Why Vietnam And Cambodia Tour Packages Are That Popular
Author: Hamid @ Vietnam Tour Pedia
11. Visa Assistance To Getting Your Visa Stamping To Any Country
Author: Ayisha Sulaiman
12. How Could A San Antonio Party Limo Bus Help You Relax On Prom Night?
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
13. Hire A Driver Or A Cab For Quick And Reliable Local Transportation Needs
Author: Robert Anhouse
14. Group Tour To Korea – Have Tour Guide For Seoul Korea Tour!
Author: Tommy Na
15. 4 Features Of A Reliable Immigration Services Consultant
Author: Dave Guest