ALL >> Business >> View Article
Measuring The Windows Just Right For Philadelphia Drapery Solutions
Total Articles: 18
If you’ve just bought a new home and started moving in not long after, you will make efforts to cover up the windows. Oftentimes, they serve a double purpose: to protect the interior from the elements and to bring in as much natural light as possible. Opening them from time to time allows for easy air circulation, especially when there’s little or no pollution in your community.
However, windows also provide opportunities for outside-looking-in. No homeowner wants anybody to just snoop around their property and doing so is enough cause for alarm. From a more aesthetic perspective, you want your windows to provide a flash of elegance for your room. Although money may not be a problem in accessorizing the place, you might regret the expenditure later upon learning that the curtains were too short or too long. You must call in professionals who handle drapery in Philadelphia to keep that from happening.
You get things going by measuring the windows first and plan on choosing either a trim mount or wall mount. Things can be easier if the window is a square. If you are looking at wall mounts, some home improvement experts suggest setting up the brackets up to six inches above the trim’s horizontal edge and three inches away from the vertical edge.
On the length of the drapes, you have a choice of either floor or sill-length. Taking a cue from your mounting options, start measuring the mounting rod and work your way down. Measuring for sill-length drapes can stop at the sill’s edge or slightly below it. A floor-length sill may stop a few inches above the floor; drapes of excessive length stand the danger of being torn off when the lower edges are stepped on.
Sometimes, the drapes themselves can be combined with other window treatment options. For instance, a check of your drapery provider’s offerings may include shades to install on the window frame itself. This is especially true if the drapes are on wall mounts.
Determining the measurements of your quality Philadelphia drapery will avoid costly mistakes in the long run. It may even prevent your curtains from becoming a fire hazard. To learn more, log on to apartmenttherapy.com.
Business Articles1. Some Facts About Event Planning
2. Why Should I Hire An Event Planner?
3. Why Should I Hire An Event Planning Agency For Corporate Events?
4. Render A Successful Event With The Right Event Planning Agency
5. Event Management Agency – To Manage Events Successfully
6. Denis Vincent - Le Parcours Extraordinaire D'un Homme Ordinaire
Author: Denis Vincent
7. Rising Damp Treatment For Your House – Who To Choose And How
Author: George Dean
8. Certified Packers And Movers In Gurgaon
Author: gajendra singh
9. Benefits Of Using Pressure Washing Services
Author: Anu Radha
10. Understanding Payroll Fraud And Preventing It
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
11. Glow Art Board Add A Touch Of Glow To Your Art
Author: baby gander
12. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Author: Ross Barkely
13. Importance Of Recycling The Waste Water
Author: Manoj Shukla
14. Mold Removal Toronto With The Best Package Of All Time
Author: jacob fairley
15. Find Property For Rent
Author: Find Property For Rent