ALL >> Art >> View Article
Tips For Painting Good Oil Painting Portraits
Total Articles: 3
Painting adds color to our life. Just imagine how you feel looking at a beautiful painting hanging in the wall. It refreshes our mind and soul by its vibrant and serene colors. Painting is an art which can preserve the history visual form. Remember, when we read history books, at some pages we find pictures of Kings, Queens, palaces, battles etc. This helps us to imagine the situation and the individual about whom we are reading.
Among the many forms of painting, portrait painting is an important part. This type of painting is more often used in books to depict human subjects. Again portraits are being painted by the rich and aristocratic families. A portraitist is called for to paint a portrait with their artistic skills. Those paintings are meant to be preserved for generations to come. As Aristotle stated, “The aim of Art is to present not the outward appearance of things, but their inner significance, for this; not the external manner and details constitute the true reality.”
Painting a portrait in oil paint gives the painting a vibrant glimpse. Again this painting can be preserved for years to come. Oil painting portraits are not easy for amateurs.
Below are some tips to paint oil painting portraits.
1. Never skimp on quality products. Cheap products will give a cheap look to your portrait painting.
2. Add good amount of paint in your palette. It’s good to put more quantity rather than more variety. It will be easier for you to concentrate on your painting if you have sufficient colors you are using frequently.
3. Always use the same pattern to keep the colors, like dark colors in the left side, white in the middle of the tray and the light colors on the right.
4. Premixing the flesh colors gives your painting a different kind of look. This type of palette is known as closed or set palette. Preparing this premix color is the most important task.
5. Never use harsh spirits to wash off your hand after painting, just a good soap is enough. There are non-toxic wipes which can clean your hand
6. Wipe all your brushes on an old cloth or kitchen paper before putting in the spirit.
7. As oil painting portraits need to be handled very delicately. More often we experience dust layers sticking upon the paint. Removing it is next to impossible. So, to get rid of this situation you can buy one or two sheets of foam board from the art store. Make a flattish box of it and put the painting on it.
8. Suppose you have mixed a large amount of paint, and at the end of the painting, some of those costly paints left. You can’t wash them on your basin. So, to preserve it scrape the paint into a miniature jar. If the paint is not reaching the top of the jar, than add some water which will stop the air to reach out and dry the paint.
So, these are some useful tips to make your painting with ease and convenience.
Art Articles1. Benefits Of Purchasing Contemporary Painting For House Interior Designing
Author: Elizabeth Epand
2. Where To Get A State Seal Sign?
Author: Weston Barnes
3. Benefits Of Hiring A Freelance Advertising Agency Art Director For Your Ad
Author: Ryan Tim
4. Learn How To Become A Pro In No Time In Portrait Photography
Author: Mason Ingle
5. Why Video Production Companies Are The Key To B2b Marketing?
6. Smart Video Production Can Change The Game
7. Digital Printing In Nc - Know Its Impact On Your Business Marketing Campaign
Author: Mitchell Termotto
8. Team Building Can Boost Employee Morale And Productiveness
9. Graffiti Isn’t Always Bad
10. The Agent
Author: Rowland Smith
11. Historical Novel Sentio Defies Expectations As A Romantic-philosophical Page-turner
12. The Queries That Help You Understand The Tactics Used By Lens-man
Author: Mason Ingle
13. Criteria Need To Follow For Performing Good Print Advertising Design
Author: Ryan Tim
14. Best Wedding Photographers In Mumbai: The Ways To Attain Satisfaction
Author: snehal desai
15. Choose The Best Schlafzimmer Bilder From Online Gallery