ALL >> Art >> View Article
Tips For Painting Good Oil Painting Portraits
Total Articles: 3
Painting adds color to our life. Just imagine how you feel looking at a beautiful painting hanging in the wall. It refreshes our mind and soul by its vibrant and serene colors. Painting is an art which can preserve the history visual form. Remember, when we read history books, at some pages we find pictures of Kings, Queens, palaces, battles etc. This helps us to imagine the situation and the individual about whom we are reading.
Among the many forms of painting, portrait painting is an important part. This type of painting is more often used in books to depict human subjects. Again portraits are being painted by the rich and aristocratic families. A portraitist is called for to paint a portrait with their artistic skills. Those paintings are meant to be preserved for generations to come. As Aristotle stated, “The aim of Art is to present not the outward appearance of things, but their inner significance, for this; not the external manner and details constitute the true reality.”
Painting a portrait in oil paint gives the painting a vibrant glimpse. Again this painting can be preserved for years to come. Oil painting portraits are not easy for amateurs.
Below are some tips to paint oil painting portraits.
1. Never skimp on quality products. Cheap products will give a cheap look to your portrait painting.
2. Add good amount of paint in your palette. It’s good to put more quantity rather than more variety. It will be easier for you to concentrate on your painting if you have sufficient colors you are using frequently.
3. Always use the same pattern to keep the colors, like dark colors in the left side, white in the middle of the tray and the light colors on the right.
4. Premixing the flesh colors gives your painting a different kind of look. This type of palette is known as closed or set palette. Preparing this premix color is the most important task.
5. Never use harsh spirits to wash off your hand after painting, just a good soap is enough. There are non-toxic wipes which can clean your hand
6. Wipe all your brushes on an old cloth or kitchen paper before putting in the spirit.
7. As oil painting portraits need to be handled very delicately. More often we experience dust layers sticking upon the paint. Removing it is next to impossible. So, to get rid of this situation you can buy one or two sheets of foam board from the art store. Make a flattish box of it and put the painting on it.
8. Suppose you have mixed a large amount of paint, and at the end of the painting, some of those costly paints left. You can’t wash them on your basin. So, to preserve it scrape the paint into a miniature jar. If the paint is not reaching the top of the jar, than add some water which will stop the air to reach out and dry the paint.
So, these are some useful tips to make your painting with ease and convenience.
Art Articles1. Creative Ideas To Reach New Customers For Paint And Sip Events
Author: James Fields
2. Handmade Karwa Chauth Pooja Thali Set To Make Festival Unforgettable
Author: Neha Sharma
3. Hire Dubai Based Prenuptial Photographer
4. Karawa Chouth Preparation With Karwa Chauth Thali Set And Pooja Book
Author: Divishi Verma
5. How Can You Prove Your Individual Style Statement?
6. Best Art Presentation Are Done On Clothes
7. Select The Customized Stretch Wraps For The Newborn
Author: Custom Photo Props LLC
8. Art Of Outdoor Aerial Photography Which Could Turn Beneficial
Author: Hudson Gerald
9. Laxma Goud Paintings
Author: siva prasad
10. Rupinder Kaur Kaiche : A High Profile Doctor With A Creative Mind
Author: Rupinder Kaur Kaiche
11. Find Beautiful Kinderzimmer Bilder Online To Decorate Your Children Bedroom
12. Find Beautiful Leinwandbilder In Best Quality Online
13. Making Your Every Moment Live With The Best Assistance Of The Fotograf Kolding
Author: Parveen Kumar
14. Home Interior Designing Ideas That Won't Cost A Fortune.
Author: Design Tab
15. Unique Corporate Entertainment Ideas