ALL >> Business >> View Article
Curtains And Claws: Tips On Safeguarding Philadelphia Curtains From Cats
Total Articles: 18
Pet cats? Curtains may be a bad choice, say those who’ve seen their precious treatments get clawed to shreds. However, some believe it only takes a bit of ingenuity to get them to stop.
For all their long list of fears, heights aren’t one of them (although not all cats are like this). You see them perch on tree branches and refuse to go down, requiring local firefighters at most to get them down safely. They’re just as likely to claw for altitude— no pun intended— along precious Philadelphia curtains. It’s too bad fabric isn’t as tough as the bark of a tree.
The general idea is to teach cats that curtains are off-limits, much like putting dangerous objects out of reach of children. There are several ways to do this, but according to animal experts, scolding or punishing them isn’t one. They’re more likely to damage your curtains when you’re not around, as scolding teaches cats that they can be caught red-pawed.
For this purpose, you may want to provide cats with an alternative like scratching posts placed near the curtains. You can find scratching posts for as low as $15, meaning you can buy three for the price of one expensive curtain replacement. However, don’t expect the cat to be lured to the post right away, especially if it’s already used to clawing your curtains.
Configure your curtains to make it futile for the cat to play with it. Some claim installing tension rods will scare the cat into steering clear of curtains in Philadelphia homes. A common choice for people who find drilling holes inconvenient, tension rods fit into the window frame to support the curtain. Without screws to hold it in place, however, it only takes a good pull to bring the curtain down.
Others claim that covering the scratch-prone part of the curtains with plastic worked for them. It may look less appealing, but experts say you don’t have to keep it on forever. As mentioned a while ago, the general idea is to make it futile for cats to scratch the curtains. When you see that the cat has taken a liking to the scratch posts, you can remove the plastic.
For more tips on protecting your precious curtains from feline claws, read related articles at VetLive.com. These tips are less costly compared to buying specialized items.
Business Articles1. Why Indian Crafts Is A Best Company To Buy Furniture Online ?
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
2. How Does Digital Marketing Works? And What Is Importance Of Digital Marketing?
Author: MBHITECH Solutions
3. What To Know More About Outsourcing Accounting Services?
4. How To Manage The Accounting Service For Your Business?
5. Thermal Fluid Heat Transfer Systems
6. Employee Provident Fund, Labour Law, Employees State Insurance Consultant In Mumbai
Author: ATSCO Corporation
7. Top Mba Colleges In Jaipur
8. Android App Development Company In Usa, Android App Development Web Services, Android App Developmen
9. The Case For Growth Of Car Parking Tensile Structure In India
Author: Tensile Structure
10. Photocopier, Currency Counting Machines And Cctv Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Amtech Enterprises
11. Why Opt For Custom Shipping Crates?
Author: Kurt Heimbrock
12. למעלה קבלני חיתוך בטון
13. Pain Management Doctors In San Antonio Texas
14. Regular Professional Mold Inspections Ottawa – Why Every Homeowner Should Consider
Author: Mark Simon
15. Online Class Help, My Online Class Help