ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Defeating A Dui In Sarasota FloridaBy Expert Author: Margery Milke
Defeating a DUI in Sarasota Florida
Question the actual validity of the traffic stop.
For a Sarasota police officer to stop you, an officer will need to have a "reasonable basis" that a law is now being violated. If your DUI attorneys can show the actual traffic stop is found to be unreasonable, any evidence acquired on the stop will be inadmissible in the court. The prosecutor is likely to drop the charge against you.
For example, Sarasota lanes are often wide and if a police officer claimed that your were weaving, that isn't considered a realistic excuse to stop you, because moving around within your lane is not actually a violation of any law. Now, it will be your word against theirs, nevertheless with today's dash cams in use by many DUI units, your legal representative could highlight you didn't leave your lane.
Perhaps a harder one, but your attorney could actually challenge the officer's suspicion that you were drunk.
For DUI suspicion in Sarasota, the officer has to be able to swear they smelled alcohol, that you had slurred speech, or your eyes were bloodshot. Chances are if your defense attorney can prove that a medical condition, or something else caused the symptoms, you may be able to have evidence thrown out at court, or at least good leverage to get your Sarasota DUI charges reduced.
Dispute the field sobriety tests.
Say you get pulled over in front of the Ritz in Sarasota. You have to fail the field sobriety for the police to establish solid probable cause for the admission of a Breathalyzer or blood alcohol test.
Your DUI attorney might be able to illustrate issues that can make a field sobriety test wrong; illness, injury, medication, weather, and perhaps weight.
Your Attorney should question Breathalyzer outcomes.
Sarasota police see plenty of real police action. Breathalyzer equipment must be used and maintained properly. Getting chucked around in a car is going to influence calibration. Were they in a high speed chase between calibrations?
If your attorney wants to question the outcomes a Breathalyzer, you will want expert testimony about that specific Breathalyzer model used, etc. If your DUI lawyer can establish reasonable doubt that the Breathalyzer result in fact wasn't accurate, the judge or jury may need to find you not guilty.
Your DUI attorney can even query the blood test results.
Blood alcohol processes are very specific. If the hospital or a law enforcement officer does not follow the proscribed procedure (say in a chaotic weekend night at 2am in a typical ER), the results could be inadmissible in Court.
External factors can affect the results of DUI blood tests. The use of medications that contain alcohol, some natural herbs, or ginseng is going to influence and negate the test. Using rubbing alcohol on the skin before inserting the needle for the blood draw may also compromise the final results.
For great information and in-depth videos and to see attorneys who deal with DUI charges, discussing DUI defense you can check out this amazing site on DUI defense in Sarasota.sarasota dui lawyer
Legal Articles1. Injured In A Slip And Fall - When To A Hire A Lawyer?
2. Guidelines To Choosing The Best Law Firm For Your Business
Author: Charles Silver
3. Personal Injury Law Firms - Getting The Right Slip And Fall Lawyer
4. Basic Need To Knows For Slip And Fall Lawyers
5. The Sydney Family Law Mediation Can Help To Resolve Disputes In A Friendly Manner
6. Truck Accident Attorney – Top 5 Things To Look For
7. Seat Belt Injury Law - What You Need To Know
8. Third Party Negligence- Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm
Author: Mark Joshes is the author of this Article.
10. How To Get Effective Legal Compensation For Ivc Filter Injury Case In Texas?
Author: Nick Feizy
11. Why Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer Is Very Important
12. Top Orange California Personal Injury Lawyer Announcing New Office Location And Free Case Evaluation
13. Contact Experienced Houston Dwi Lawyer To Prove Your Innocence In The Court
14. Succession Planning And Forensic Accounting: Need For Professional Services!
15. Clarify All Your Details Regarding Succession Planning And Accounting Services!
Author: Bob Mussa