ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Why When And How Of Backup?
Total Articles: 3
Firstly, we have to understand why we would require a backup of the data/information stored in our workstations, servers or any other endpoint devices. What is the most important asset for any organization? The answer would be a unanimous one i.e. information or the data they have to deal with.
What if your computer crashes, your storage gets corrupted and you end up losing all your valuable information in a moment?
You might be backing up your data in any external storage device but what if you are traveling and do not have the backup drives with you? You will be in a fix and there would not be any possible way to retrieve the information required.
Thus, creating the need to subscribe to a comprehensive automated backup solution on cloud and do away with your over dependence on external storage devices in cases of emergency. Backups can be both manually scheduled as well as automated. However, the negative side of manual backups is that if your server crashes at the wrong time (anytime is wrong) you can stand to lose a significant volume of information. For instance, if you manual schedule a backup of your server every Fridays and the system breaks down on Thursday evening? All the information that the server has been storing up for a week would be lost forever as it was yet to be backed up.
However, with automated backup, your information is continuously backed up in the cloud without manual scheduling. Most cloud service providers do not provide backup with their indigenous softwares but use third party technology. So, it is equally important for customers to understand the underlying technology used apart from measuring the reliability of the service provider. Backup agent softwares are installed in the server and other endpoint devices which ensure that all the information are continuously backed up in the cloud without attending to the same.
After understanding the need for backup, you have to identify the best backup model that you need to avail depending upon the requirements of your organization. Near continuous, incremental data back up will go a long way in significantly minimizing bandwidth utilization as well as customized files/folders that you want to be backed up.
Sandeep has been associated with Ricoh India, the leading Data Center in India provider. Sandeep enlightens the customers about the wide array of Ricoh services such as Cloud Server Hosting in India, Managed Services, Dedicated Server Hosting in India, Cloud Data Backup & Disaster Recovery to help them benefit and their businesses grow.
Web Hosting Articles1. Why Do You Need The Best Web Hosting Services?
Author: Andrew Stevenson
2. Domain Name Registration In Bangalore - Mars Web
3. Prepping Up Your Website For Holiday Season
4. Why Are Cloud Servers In Demand?
5. Uncover Site Usability & Performance Issues With Monitoring Methods And Tools
6. Vps Hosting 101 – A Beginner’s Guide To Virtual Private Servers
Author: Bhushan Aher
7. Why Opencart Rules The Shopping Cart Development Arena
Author: Mouzzam Jafri
8. Vertex Web Surf Canada |toronto Web Design | Canada
9. How To Cope Up With The Responsive Website?
10. Options For Hosting A Website - Shared Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, Ssd Hosting And Cloud Hosting
11. Top 5 Reasons Why E-commerce Websites Need Monitoring
12. Guide On Buying A Domain Name For Branding Your Business
Author: sumit gadre
13. How Retailer Websites Can Overcome User Experience Problems?
14. Cloud Access Security Broker Ensures Application Security
15. Importance Of Adult Website Script In Traffic Management
Author: David Jones