ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Understanding A Long Term Disability Claim
Total Articles: 9
A long term disability claim can make a world of difference for a person dealing with an injury or illness. Even if a person is unable to work, the bills do not stop coming in like normal. Instead, the bills pile up and there is no income to support the electricity bills, grocery shopping, or medical visits. Insurance companies have been fighting back against long term disability claims because in the end it saves them more money than having to pay out on a policy.
The Trends in Disability Claims
A 2013 study by the Council for Disability Awareness said more women than men filed for disability claims in 2012. The study also showed the four most common causes for claims from 2010 to 2012 are:
• Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissues
• Diseases of the nervous system and sense organs
• Diseases of the circulatory system
Having any of the above can be taxing enough without adding the financial stress of how the bills will be paid. Who will pay the mortgage? How will the doctor visits be covered? Life goes on with or without injury. It’s up to you and possibly an attorney to hold the insurance companies accountable and make them pay out on the policy as they are supposed to.
A weak economy has been blamed for the spike in disability claims. While the claims may have increased, it does not mean that every insurance company is upholding the policy and paying out.
Doctors on Your Side
Having proper medical documentation is the key when making a short term or long term disability claim. Ongoing medical attention is important as well. Having a doctor go on record stating the injury or illness prevents the person from working, either their normal job or a different one, can make a world of difference when it comes to the insurance company making a final ruling.
If the doctor does not feel comfortable making those claims, then find a doctor who is. It always helps to get a second opinion and your lawyer may know of doctors who can help you in the whole process.
Disability Claim Lawyers
Unfortunately, insurance companies do not see it in their bottom line’s best interest to pay out on a long term claim. They will even go as far as hiring private investigators to take pictures of subjects bending over, taking a walk, or even driving a car. These pictures do not reveal the anguish and pain the people are in, but instead are used to weaken a person’s case in front of a tribunal.
Companies and agents may go as far as to try and stall the proceedings, leaving the policyholder little time to make an appeal. That’s why it is important to get a disability claim lawyer involved as soon as possible. He or she can give the proper guidance and ensure all deadlines are met and that the insurance company pays what the policyholder deserves for their long term disability claim.
Get help with your long term disability claim from highly qualified disability claim lawyers at ShareLawyers.Learn what you need to do to have your long term disability claim approved by an insurance company.
Legal Articles1. Divorce Lawyer Mumbai
Author: Mayur Pandya
2. 10 Ways How Rera Will Delight The Home Buyers - A Fresher Life Beckons At The Hemisphere
Author: The Hemisphere
3. Indications You Need A Personal Injury Lawyer
Author: Daniel Estes
4. 7 Habits Of A Successful Entrepreneur That The Startup Owners Should Follow
Author: Shruti Kakkar
5. Court Marriage Mumbai
Author: Mayur Pandya
6. Detective Services
Author: Mark Grover
7. Traffic Ticket Lawyer Houston Ensures Your Traffic Ticket Dismissal In The Court
8. Private Detective London – A Private Investigator London Can Perform Discreet And Fast Background Ch
Author: Gary Lee
9. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers In Md- Protecting Debitor And Creditor Instantaneously
10. Search Law Firms, Top Advocates, Lawyers
Author: Advacto legal Solutions
11. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You From The Legal Charges
12. The Experience Of Working With A Work Injury Lawyer In Pennsylvania
Author: Ryan Harvey
13. What Can Springfield Missouri Family Lawyers In Greene County Do For You?
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
14. Denton Child Custody Attorney: A Perfect And Healthy Solution
Author: Mark N John
15. 15 Common Myths About Child Custody
Author: V. Wayne Ward