ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Layering Up Properly This Winter
Total Articles: 9
Proper winter dressing is a tricky affair and most women especially those not very keen on keeping up with current trends, usually give up on fashion altogether. But it does not have to be this way. With the right tips, you can still maintain the same style and sophistication with which you wear your clothes during other seasons. Let’s start with the basics. Everybody knows that the most important tip when it comes to buying ladies clothes for winter, all the clothes that you buy should be able to keep you warm and comfortable. But, even though most winter days are cold, there are some warm periods in winter when you can dress lightly and enjoy more space. So how do you combine these two elements when buying your clothes? The key lies in layering.
Layering, in this context, simply refers to wearing clothes in separate layers. By doing this, you can easily shed off some layers when it gets warm and throw them back on when the cold sets in. Winter dressing ideally should consist of three main layers. These layers can be described as follows;
1) Wicking layer; this is the layer of clothes that come right next to your skin. It includes all items of underwear such as the ladies bra, ladies skirts and ladies trousers. They are the most basic items that you couldn’t go without even if you were dressing up for a hot summer day. When buying winter clothes for the wicking layer, you should ensure that the material out of which the clothes are made has some ‘wicking’ power. This is very important in keeping you dry and comfortable throughout as it moves any moisture through the fabric and away from your skin thereby allowing it to evaporate faster.
2) The insulating layer; this layer is made up of the additional clothing items that add you more warmth. The clothes are worn over the wicking layer, and they must be able to keep the cold out and the heat in. The best materials do this by trapping air in between the material’s fibres. Some of the best materials from which to buy winter clothing are wool (which is a naturally warm material) and fleece (which is a synthetic material with similar properties). Pullovers, vests, sweaters and sweatshirts all fall within this category of clothing.
The protection layer; the elements of winter can sometimes be very fierce and unforgiving, creating the need for an additional, external layer of clothing to give you added protection. This is the protective layer that is worn over the insulation layer. For women, it is made up of ladies coats, ladies gloves, ladies shoes, ladies slippers and other items of clothing above which nothing else can be worn. One general tip for buying protective clothing is to buy items that are made from waterproof materials. They should be able to block the wind and keep you safe from rain water, sleet or even falling snow.
About the Author:
Tracey Cannon is the Marketing Manager for Country Collection based in Brampton, Cumbria. She has a wide knowledge and experience in the clothing industry. She states that Country Collection is one of the best online stores for ladies and menswear offering exceptional value clothing. Country Collection offers a unique guarantee – it has no time limit on each and every clothes such as ladies stockings, ladies shoes, ladies skirt, trousers, swimwear, nightwear, suits, ladies bra, vest, Playtex bra dresses etc. to their customers. Visit Country Collection
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Know Your Usb Travel Charging Options
Author: Lider Accessories
2. Where Can You Buy Mens Swiss Watches
Author: Caleb William
3. The World Of Online Stores And How You Can Buy Jewelry
Author: William Robin
4. The Amazing Styles Of Jewelry That You Can Make Your Own
Author: William Robin
5. How To Choose The Best Of Jewelry For Yourself From Online Stores?
Author: William Robin
6. Significance Of Sending Greeting Cards
Author: Denesh Yadav
7. Know How To Worship Hindu Deities At Home
Author: Daniel Bennett
8. Things To Know Before Buying Sterling Silver Necklaces
Author: Bryan Gentles
9. Enjoy Online Rakhi 2017 Shopping Right From The Comfort Of Your Home!
Author: rakhi gift express
10. Buying Cool Gifts Which Are Novel For Your Brother
11. Order Fresh Flowers And Cake Online For Delivery In Delhi At Affordable Prices
12. Bikini's: Slip Into The Subtle Style
Author: Agacio Underwear
13. Find Best Salwar Kameez Uk Collection Online
14. Orient M-force Delta Collection Automatic Power Reserve Sel07002h0 El07002h Mens Watch| The Beast Re
Author: Jasson C
15. A Luxury Watch Is An Investment For A Lifetime- Find Out Why?
Author: John Watson