ALL >> Health >> View Article
Hair Fall After Chemotherapy
Total Articles: 11
Chemotherapy session is nothing else but the strong medication that is required for treating cancer. An individual who receives chemotherapy faces hair problems like hair fall. Hair problems may start after few days of receiving chemotherapy session that is variable in type and dosage. The powerful medication that is used in chemotherapy session hampers the rapid growth of cancer cells by destroying it.
Hair is among the rapid and fastest growing cells in the body so as a result it is directly affected with chemotherapy session leading to hair fall. Hair fall occurs after ten to fourteen days of beginning of treatment and may continue to fall till a month post discontinuing chemotherapy session.
Hair problems that occurs during chemotherapy session is not permanent and may regain its growth within period of 4- 6 weeks. Every month hair may grow as big as quarter inch. The positive part about hair fall due to chemotherapy session is that hair can be recovered within six months to 1 year time after discontinuing the treatment thereafter scalp may be filled with the hair completely. There may be a slight change in the quality and texture of hair. This is a temporary phenomenon and gets rectified to its original form within few days.
Losing hair during chemotherapy is both physically and mentally traumatic but till date there is no process designed to avoid this damage taking place.
By now we are aware that hair problems occurring due to chemotherapy cannot be stopped but with the help of cryotherapy the after effects of chemotherapy on hair can be reduced.
Cryotherapy is nothing but a method used to reduce the blood circulation of scalp by placing an ice pack on the scalp at the time of chemotherapy. The effect of medicine will decrease on scalp as its blood supply becomes less by effect of ice pack and therefore reducing damage to hair.
Radiation may also tend to affect the uncontrollable cell growth but unlike chemotherapy it will impact only those areas which come in its direct focus so unless head receives radiation scalp remains unaffected.
Scarring baldness caused due to radiation is lifelong and cannot be rectified.
Trichologist will help a cancer patient to opt for the care of the scalp required after the treatment. This will aid in restoring the hair lost during cancer treatment.
To conclude the article it is not only hair the cancer patient is looking forward to regain but also the support and love from family and friends to live a happy and healthy life.
Is your hairloss problem haunting you? Are you feeling hopeless seeing your hair on your brush every single day? If yes, watch this advanced free hair loss diet video. Plus you will also get a free telephone counseling session where one of our senior trichologists will call you personally and help you one-on-one to solve your hair problem today.
Hairloss generally accompanies for those individuals who opt for a diet meant for drastic weight loss, the steps to take to treat hair fall is explained below. Read this amazing article - hair loss diet.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel