ALL >> Health >> View Article
Adult Acne: What Is It And How Can It Be Treated?
Total Articles: 2
Most of us experience an outbreak or two of acne in our teenage years. For most, having some form of acne is a right of passage. However, acne doesn't just afflict those in their teenage years. As a matter of fact, many people struggle with acne well into their 20s and 30s and even beyond. The good news is that there is a treatment out there that can combat adult acne. The Problem The acne you suffered in your teens has a name that sets is apart from skin conditions that occur in later years: acne vulgaris. This is the same condition that affects adults that suffer from bouts of acne outbreaks, though some dermatologists refer to adult outbreaks as rosacea. Believe it or not, adult acne is more common than you might think. Acne can and very often does occur much later in life. At its most basic premise, acne refers to the formation of pimples, or comedos as they are known in the medical world. A pimple is nothing more than an accumulation of fat, skin cells and keratin that has become lodged in a hair duct. When the oils that normally lubricate the skin begin to backup in the duct, the skin becomes irritated. As the pressure begins to build, the lining of the hair duct stretches and ultimately ruptures. The redness, infections, cysts and other acne associated skin conditions that are common with acne outbreaks are a result of this rupturing. There are some differences in how the genders experience acne. Males that experience acne in their teenage years are more prone to scarring from these outbreaks than females, but females are much more likely to experience acne outbreaks in their adult years. Regardless of the gender, acne is NOT caused by poor hygiene. They are caused by hormonal changes that trigger excessive oil secretion, faulty hair ducts and skin infections. The Solution When adult acne is treated in a doctor's office, they often refer to it as acne surgery, but at the end of the day, it's merely the process of mechanically removing the clogs from the ducts through the use of pressure. Squeezing pimples leads to scarring, infection and additional pimple formation. Doctors can reduce the probability of infection through the use of sterile tools, but it is still an ineffective way to get rid of acne. A better method for getting adult acne under control is to use a specially prepared acne treatment product. There are plenty of these solutions available for purchase at the drug store and some can be prescribed by a dermatologist or primary care physician. These preparations address several aspects of adult acne including the treatment of existing pimples and infections while suppressing future outbreaks. The type of treatment you choose will depend on what type of acne you have. A visit to www.AcneTreatment.org can help you isolate the type of acne you have and the best acne treatments to help you get your adult acne under control. For more information regarding what Acnetreatment.org can do for you, please visit www.acnetreatment.org.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel