ALL >> Business >> View Article
Old Wires? 10 Ways To Safeguard Your Home
Total Articles: 566
We often wonder about the old wiring sometimes found in a nation’s power grid but forget that wires in our house can also be damaged or out of date. Even though these old wires may be damaged, they are executing their function of supplying electricity to various appliances in our house. Kowelec, Australia, provides one of the best services of expert electricians who can rectify faulty wiring in your house. In case, your house has old wiring, they can even consider replacing your wires for the better. They are the most trusted Electrical Contractors in Bendigo who can ensure that your house is fully protected against faulty wiring or any kind of danger from electricity.
There are a few wiring problems that are a trifle matter but others can be potentially hazardous. We list here 10 ways through which your home can be protected from dangers posed by old wires:
1. Over lamping problem – Meaning: the light fixture is holding a bulb that lights at more than the wattage the fixture can hold. The intense bulb heat can melt sockets and wire insulation. Sparks can spread and cause a fire. Removing the bulb does not prevent damage to wires and sockets.
Alternative: Install a bulb of the desired wattage, compatible with a light fixture.
2. Junction Box not covered – A junction box is the joining point of several wires. A person can unknowingly touch it and damage the wires, or he can even get a fatal electric shock. Least danger is there till the wires are not touched.
Alternative: You can purchase a new cover that costs very little. Moreover it is easy to install.
3. Flickering of lights despite no wind – A result of damaged wiring in the outside fitting from which electricity line wires enter the house and cause a short with every wire movement. It has the potential to cause a fire.
Alternative – You should immediately call the electricity personnel for replacement of the weatherboard.
4. Very Few Outlets – Extensive use of extension cords or power strips. Minimal danger but heavy loads on small extension cords can overheat it and cause a fire.
Alternative - Create more outlets.
5. Lack of GFCIs (ground-fault circuit interrupters) – high risk of electrocution in moist places like bathroom, basin etc. GFCIs can close circuits before current causes a fatal shock.
Alternative – Replacement of old holders with GFCIs.
6. Too much wiring of Panel – Panel has greater number of circuits than desired capacity. Though it has least danger, it is seen as a problem by a house inspector.
Alternative - Addition of subpanel with little more slots.
7. Wires made of aluminum – It is not as safe as copper and can lead to arcing and fires on copper contact.
Alternative – Fit a dielectric wire nut recommended for aluminum wire.
8. Wires that are pushed back – they tend to be looser than ones around screw terminals. Can stop working or start a fire in extreme cases.
Alternative – Verify backstabbed connections and release the wires.
9. Ungrounded Storage – The wiring in your house can’t safely conduct extra current. Least danger until an adapter is used for inserting a three-prong plug into a two-prong container. This may damage the device you plug in and cause electrocution.
Alternative – Replacement of two-prong receptacles with correctly grounded three-prong receptacles.
10. Container from which plug falls out – Damaged contacts in container can’t strongly hold the prongs and can arc that can cause fire to dry wood or dust.
Alternative – Immediate replacement of old container.
In case you are planning to buy a house on sale, do take the help of Kowelec Electrical Contractors in Bendigo as they will help you to know about any hidden electrical faults in the house.
Business Articles1. Some Facts About Event Planning
2. Why Should I Hire An Event Planner?
3. Why Should I Hire An Event Planning Agency For Corporate Events?
4. Render A Successful Event With The Right Event Planning Agency
5. Event Management Agency – To Manage Events Successfully
6. Denis Vincent - Le Parcours Extraordinaire D'un Homme Ordinaire
Author: Denis Vincent
7. Rising Damp Treatment For Your House – Who To Choose And How
Author: George Dean
8. Certified Packers And Movers In Gurgaon
Author: gajendra singh
9. Benefits Of Using Pressure Washing Services
Author: Anu Radha
10. Understanding Payroll Fraud And Preventing It
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
11. Glow Art Board Add A Touch Of Glow To Your Art
Author: baby gander
12. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Author: Ross Barkely
13. Importance Of Recycling The Waste Water
Author: Manoj Shukla
14. Mold Removal Toronto With The Best Package Of All Time
Author: jacob fairley
15. Find Property For Rent
Author: Find Property For Rent